PDA

View Full Version : Epson v700 purple streak

mark.s
10-Jan-2014, 13:55
I have just noticed that my epson v700 produces a narrow streak in the scan direction.
Have you ever seen something like this? By what is this caused? Dust on the ccd?
It appears over the whole picture. I used vuescan and epson scan with the same result.

100% crop @1600 dpi (sky)

bob carnie
10-Jan-2014, 14:12
This may be a big problem for you as getting it fixed may be more expensive than the scanner itself.

I had two Epson 10000xls , first one got the line in the warrenty period, so the complete scanner was replaced, the second one got the line after warrenty period, I clone this out if required
I do not use this scanner for regular print production so its not such a big deal... but a major pain in the ass.

mark.s
10-Jan-2014, 14:23
The scanner is brand-new i received it yesterday. I`m gonna send it back on monday.
Do you know what causes this line?
If i remember correctly i have seen something similar on an epson v750 some years ago at college.
Is this a common problem?

bob carnie
10-Jan-2014, 14:45
It was explained to me long time ago and sorry I do not know, but Epson should just replace the scanner for you . I bought my 10000 about 12 years ago so I really can only say that I have seen the same mark ,, and still do , since the board is quite large on my scanner I can sometimes move the art to miss the scan line.

The scanner is brand-new i received it yesterday. I`m gonna send it back on monday.
Do you know what causes this line?
If i remember correctly i have seen something similar on an epson v750 some years ago at college.
Is this a common problem?

jb7
10-Jan-2014, 14:54
It might be a speck of dust in the calibration area-

Doug Fisher
11-Jan-2014, 09:12
jb7 brought up a good point. I would certainly do another scanning test after meticulously cleaning the area of the scanning bed that sit right under the calibration gap of the holder. That area should be absolutely spotless.

Doug

taulen
11-Jan-2014, 09:26
I had the same problem on the v600 I had before upgrading to v700, and the problem was dust in the calibration, so check that first, as others have said ! =)

austin granger
11-Jan-2014, 12:49
Another vote for dust. I've had the same problem with my Epson 4990 (multiple times actually) and it goes away after a careful cleaning.