PDA

View Full Version : Where to go in Tuscany/Northern Italy.

Fredrick
6-Jan-2014, 09:52
Hi. I'm going to be spending two weeks in Tuscany next summer. Now, I will of course visit the tourist traps - I am aware of those. I wonder what else there is to see, are there any hidden gems etc?

Thanks.

Tori Nelson
6-Jan-2014, 11:10
Go wine tasting in Montepulciano! Most of my favorite times spent in the Tuscany region were just getting in the car and taking little side roads to wherever you ended up. Also Val D'orcia was a beautiful area.

Renato Tonelli
6-Jan-2014, 12:22
Visit my hometown (Pontremoli) - lots to photograph and very few tourists.

anglophone1
7-Jan-2014, 14:58
Go wine tasting in Montepulciano! Most of my favorite times spent in the Tuscany region were just getting in the car and taking little side roads to wherever you ended up. Also Val D'orcia was a beautiful area.

Val d'orcia +1

Andrea Gazzoni
2-Jun-2014, 01:46
I'd suggest Volterra, Colle di Val d'Elsa and Monteriggioni. Lucca is also a wonderful place to stay.

Jim Noel
2-Jun-2014, 07:28

I'll second that. Visit any of the small hilltop villages of Tuscany and get entranced!