PDA

View Full Version : ULF backs on auction site

Geraldine Powell
3-Jan-2014, 14:24
Has anyone tried out one of the backs sold by lapka37 on the auction site? He says he makes all sizes and they fit onto the back of a Sinar P. He is in the Czech republic. He calls them Cassiopeia but I don't know why.
I was wondering if they work well.
Geraldine

Tin Can
3-Jan-2014, 14:31
Somebody needs to jump in and try him out, I am tempted, but I am committed elsewhere.

I think he has sold one back and holder for 20x24 for $1000 and then he raised his very low price to $1300, which is still insanely low.

Good luck and why not, the price is right, film is what's gonna cost ya.

Has anyone tried out one of the backs sold by lapka37 on the auction site? He says he makes all sizes and they fit onto the back of a Sinar P. He is in the Czech republic. He calls them Cassiopeia but I don't know why.
I was wondering if they work well.
Geraldine

andreios
3-Jan-2014, 14:57
I exchanged a few emails with him about making a reduction back, he sounded ok. I know he was selling some ULF stuff to Hongkong or someplace like that and that he primarily specializes in converting old Vageeswari cameras to modern sizes and back / holder styles.

Miguel Coquis
8-Jan-2014, 11:37
There is Ritter for ULF in USA.
Use to work with 14x17" and a 8x10" reduction camera back from his production,
without any regrets.
Ritter is not always easy, but camera parts once you have them, they work as it should.

TML74
8-Jan-2014, 14:21
Hello I have bought to him a 20x24 back with two holder and a longer bellow than he now propose (mine is 2,4 meter long). The camera is well made but the sinar P bearer that I have used is not strong enough to use the camera, but it is easy to compensate. I have used 2 manfrotto 359 and will buy a third one as I will used very heavy lens and long bellow. I have asked other modifications... I can send you pictures if you want. Just give me a private mail.
He is very helpful, I recommand him.
Thierry M.L.

Tin Can
8-Jan-2014, 15:23
Thierrry, I think we all would love to see your mods here. Please post any pictures somewhere on this forum.

Thank you!

Hello I have bought to him a 20x24 back with two holder and a longer bellow than he now propose (mine is 2,4 meter long). The camera is well made but the sinar P bearer that I have used is not strong enough to use the camera, but it is easy to compensate. I have used 2 manfrotto 359 and will buy a third one as I will used very heavy lens and long bellow. I have asked other modifications... I can send you pictures if you want. Just give me a private mail.
Thierry M.L.

Carl J
8-Jan-2014, 16:57
Same here, would also be keen to see the mods.

Thanks.

Thierrry, I think we all would love to see your mods here. Please post any pictures somewhere on this forum.

Thank you!

Miguel Coquis
9-Jan-2014, 03:45
As for mods. on front standard my 14x17" comes with 8x8" lens-boards and can hold heavy barrels !
Took time but was really worthy.

f45pc
17-Sep-2014, 16:06
Thierry M.L.
Hello,I am interesting...
Can you send pictures to me that the Sinar 8x10 P2 rear standarda connected with 20x24 back bellow on two tripods? My private mail is f45pc@yahoo.com.tw
Thank you very much.
Yang Murcott

trundrumbalind
25-Sep-2014, 08:06
Hey, could I get some pictures of the 20x24 back on the sinar?
I have a sinar p2 and I'd like to mount a 14x17 back on top of it, do you think that'll hold?
My mail is lumografia@gmail.com

Thierry M.L.

Trond Kjetil
17-Oct-2014, 01:04
I visited the guy yesterday, and actually got to borrow one 11x14" Cassiopeia to "play with" for a day. The camera looks very nice and well built. I'm gonna buy a 14X17" version with reduction backs later. He makes the cameras very much to the buyer's wishes and spesifications. A very nice fellow to deal with, I believe.

William Whitaker
17-Oct-2014, 10:44
As for mods. on front standard my 14x17" comes with 8x8" lens-boards and can hold heavy barrels !
Took time but was really worthy.

A picture would be nice, s'il vous plaît.

TML74
18-Oct-2014, 09:25
I have just sent some pictures, sorry for my lat answer. Thierry M.L.