PDA

View Full Version : Cannot ID this notch code

towolf
30-Dec-2013, 13:20
Anyone what this is? Some Kodak C41? Resembles newer Portra 400 NC but also older Pro 100 Pxx.

cowanw
30-Dec-2013, 14:10
vericolour II professional L
http://silversolvent.blogspot.ca/

towolf
30-Dec-2013, 14:13
Thanks cowanw, but the shape is different I think.

cowanw
30-Dec-2013, 20:53
Yes, you are right, I am wrong.

Preston
30-Dec-2013, 21:09
Try this link:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/f3/f3.pdf

In reviewing the page, it does look like PORTRA 400NC. The only difference that I can see is the two small notches. Perhaps your film is an older emulsion run under the same film name/type?

--P

StoneNYC
30-Dec-2013, 21:44
If you hadn't exposed it to light, you could simply develop it in Rodinal 1:100, if it's kodak then there should be actual imprinting on the edge right? If there's no imprinting then it will be a non-kodak and you can then begin a wider search.

Is this a whole box of the stuff, or just a single sheet that you somehow discovered? If you can simply develop the one sheet and figure out what it is that would probably make the most sense since it's not easy to identify.

He does seem like Portra400 NC but the smaller notches aren't round, so, maybe not?

StoneNYC
30-Dec-2013, 21:48
I know it's not completely flat on the page, but it also kind of looks like the right side isn't the full and of the edge, meaning that it looks like it's almost torn off on that side as well as the left side, it kind of looks like E100G if you cut the right edge off...

Liquid Artist
30-Dec-2013, 22:48
I agree with the Portra, I got a couple sheets in some used film holders that looks the same and that was the closest thing I could come up with. However I haven't even shot one yet, so I may be wrong.

RHITMrB
31-Dec-2013, 15:16
It's not Portra. The smaller two notches would be rounded on Portra, not angular.

towolf
28-Jan-2014, 19:20
I souped this today in Digibase C41. There’s absolutely nothing on it. It looks weird for C41. The backside looks black, but I cannot remove it, so not remjet? The front looks olive green and I can scrape it off. Looking through, there’s no image, and the base color is more or less dark amber as in other C41.

And there’s a marking along the edge that is not printed, it is embossed or stamped: 711 KODAK

Anyone have an idea what this is?

StoneNYC
29-Jan-2014, 00:28
I souped this today in Digibase C41. There’s absolutely nothing on it. It looks weird for C41. The backside looks black, but I cannot remove it, so not remjet? The front looks olive green and I can scrape it off. Looking through, there’s no image, and the base color is more or less dark amber as in other C41.

And there’s a marking along the edge that is not printed, it is embossed or stamped: 711 KODAK

Anyone have an idea what this is?

There must be a missing number before or after the 711?

But sounds like e-6 if it's green.

StoneNYC
29-Jan-2014, 00:35
BTW you said "this" as if you included an image... Did you?

How come you didn't stand develop one in Rodibal 1:100 for 1 hour? That will usually "properly" develop any mystery or miss-exposed film.

That said, if it's black, it might have been opened and exposed... But you said there's edge markings so it wouldn't have that if it were exposed... Hmmm