PDA

View Full Version : What Shutter is this please?

Regular Rod
16-Dec-2013, 18:58
I have a Wray 184mm "Lustrar" lens mounted in a broken Compur shutter (very broken). It has front and rear threads of 45mm. It is 80mm in diameter and 25mm deep. The diameter of the thread that goes into the flange is 49.5mm.

Please can anyone here tell me what type/size of Compur shutter this is?

I would like to know if I can buy a suitable replacement. The S K Grimes site has lots of information but none of it matches this shutter and the Copals on offer don't have the same diameter threads.

It's not a fantastic lens but it would be nice to use it....

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

RR

Dan Fromm
16-Dec-2013, 19:12
I haven't looked but your answer might be here: http://www.suaudeau.eu/memo/pratique/Les_obturateurs_centraux.html

Jim Galli
16-Dec-2013, 19:17
I have a Wray 184mm "Lustrar" lens mounted in a broken Compur shutter (very broken). It has front and rear threads of 45mm. It is 80mm in diameter and 25mm deep. The diameter of the thread that goes into the flange is 49.5mm.

Please can anyone here tell me what type/size of Compur shutter this is?

I would like to know if I can buy a suitable replacement. The S K Grimes site has lots of information but none of it matches this shutter and the Copals on offer don't have the same diameter threads.

It's not a fantastic lens but it would be nice to use it....

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

RR

Compur #2. No, it is an obsolete size. Not only that, but there were all kinds of different spacings front to back, so even if you do find a Compur 2 it would be pure luck if the spacing between front and rear groups was the same as before. Also, there are different size Compur 2's. Some have 48 - 50 ish mm threads instead of the 45mm.

Sorry for all the bad news.

Regular Rod
17-Dec-2013, 02:57
I haven't looked but your answer might be here: http://www.suaudeau.eu/memo/pratique/Les_obturateurs_centraux.html

Thank you I have found it on the list

"Compur 2 Dial set 78.4 BT 1 s to 1/200th 35.2 45,66 x 0.75 45,66 x 0.75 25.05 55.7 x 1 Mounted with a 4.5 Tessar 165mm, with international standards. Measure House. "

Now has anyone got a working example they wish to dispose of?
:)
RR

Steven Tribe
17-Dec-2013, 03:13
But This has to be done thought the FS/Wanted section!

Regular Rod
17-Dec-2013, 11:13
Naturally!
:)
RR