PDA

View Full Version : Sydney E-6 processing recommendations

Daniel Stone
13-Dec-2013, 00:01
I've been attempting to contact Stephen Frizza @ the Lighthouse Lab since I arrived here in Sydney last week. Despite APUG showing that he's been online in the past 24hrs, none of my emails/PM's in the past few months since I initially contacted him have been answered.

So can any Sydney locals recommend a professional lab that can handle 5x7 E-6 film(and possibly c-41 and b/w as well, E-6 is the main goal however).

I'd imagine pricing here will be higher than LA, but I didn't have time to run test shots before leaving. Otherwise the bulk of my processing will be coming home with me if a local place can't get close on per-sheet processing cost to what I pay in LA($4.50/sheet).
thx,
Dan

Michael W
13-Dec-2013, 02:29
Try Vision ImageLab, 45 George St, Redfern 9319 3300
That is pretty close to Central railway station. They do a good job with E6 and C41. Not sure if they do B&W. Not far from them is Blanco Negro, Regent St Redfern. He is a dedicated B&W lab. Next week is his last week before Xmas holidays, he'll be back around Jan 6th I think.

Daniel Stone
13-Dec-2013, 05:05
thanks Michael,
I'll give them a ring 1st thing in the morning
5x7 isn't listed on their sheet($$$ ouch(at least compared to LA prices, oh well)), fingers crossed :)

if anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to find out some other places if there are any worth giving a go

thx,
Dan

James Morris
13-Dec-2013, 06:04
Vision Image Lab is where I've had mine done in the past, although I stopped shooting E6 some time ago.

I believe they do b&w, although I'd go to Blanco Negro for that.

Michael W
13-Dec-2013, 06:28
thanks Michael,
I'll give them a ring 1st thing in the morning
5x7 isn't listed on their sheet($$$ ouch(at least compared to LA prices, oh well)), fingers crossed :)

if anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to find out some other places if there are any worth giving a go

thx,
Dan
The minimum wage is much higher in Australia than the USA so you won't find many cheap services here. I think Vision and Lighthouse are it for E6.

Daniel Stone
16-Dec-2013, 21:19
Hey guys,
Went down to Redfern yesterday. Took in 6 sheets. All processed well(although I should have stuck with my notes of pushing a few_which they do for free btw ;)!)
Vision chaps were nice to do business with, although my budget for this trip will have me bringing my shots home to LA to get processed, due to costs involved. Not a problem, but will remember for future reference :)

Dan

polyglot
18-Dec-2013, 03:49
Did you try actually calling Lighthouse Lab instead of PMing Frizza?

Daniel Stone
18-Dec-2013, 07:08
No, Polyglot.
But I've got it sorted now.
One(maybe just me?) would assume that if someone is online, they'd see that they had a new message? And if it involved them getting business, they'd actually return the message?

I'll be bringing my shot/unprocessed film back to LA, since my budget will be much happier with $3-4/5x7 sheet for E-6 than $8-10/sheet here in Australia.

-Dan