PDA

View Full Version : Coverage of Fujinon W 180mm lens?

Kevin Crisp
4-Dec-2013, 21:34
Lettering on the outside BUT single coated in a silver ringed Copal 0 shutter. Does this have the coverage of the "old" or new one?

Kevin Crisp
5-Dec-2013, 10:47
Really? I stumped the Fuji fans?

Michael Graves
5-Dec-2013, 11:04
The one with the inside lettering covers 305mm according to their literature. The one with the outside lettering is actually the CM-W (even though the CM doesn't appear on the barrel) and is listed as 280mm. Later versions of the CM-W did include the lettering.

Sal Santamaura
5-Dec-2013, 11:05
Lettering on the outside BUT single coated in a silver ringed Copal 0 shutter. Does this have the coverage of the "old" or new one?

Really? I stumped the Fuji fans?I'd bet most of us (me included) haven't replied because we're skeptical of your observation that it's single coated. How did you make that determination?

Sal Santamaura
5-Dec-2013, 11:12
The one with the inside lettering covers 305mm according to their literature. The one with the outside lettering is actually the CM-W (even though the CM doesn't appear on the barrel) and is listed as 280mm. Later versions of the CM-W did include the lettering.Not necessarily. Outside-lettered version shown in the 1981 brochure

http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/ws-nws.htm

carried the "NWS" nomenclature, not CM-W. Note that the 180mm NWS used 62mm filters, not the 67mm filters common in Fuji's later CM-W series.

Colin Graham
5-Dec-2013, 11:29

I thought the 180 F9 A was the only Fujinon 180 that fit in a Copal 0.

Anyway, here is a Fujinon lens list sorted by FL- http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/byfl.htm. Not sure how complete or accurate it is.

Sal Santamaura
5-Dec-2013, 11:55
Lettering on the outside BUT single coated in a silver ringed Copal 0 shutter...

I thought the 180 F9 A was the only Fujinon 180 that fit in a Copal 0...You're right; I missed that reference to a Copal 0.

All 180mm Fujinon lenses with f/5.6 maximum apertures, which I inferred Kevin has from his describing it as a "W" in the thread title, whether single-coated inside-lettered Ws, EBC-coated outside-lettered NWSs or EBC-coated outside-lettered CM-Ws, are installed in No. 1 shutters. The earliest 180mm Ws were in No. 1 Seikos; later Ws and all subsequent versions were in Copal 1s.

Kevin Crisp
5-Dec-2013, 12:42
My mistake on shutter size, it is Copal 1. It looks like a single coated lens, I've never had trouble eye balling the difference. That was the basis for that statement. It does just say "W" though. Thanks for your responses. I don't have an 8X10 at the moment to test it on but will try it with the 4X10 and hope to get lucky.

Jody_S
5-Dec-2013, 22:18
Anyway, here is a Fujinon lens list sorted by FL- http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/byfl.htm. Not sure how complete or accurate it is.

None of the lists have my Fujinon-W 300/5.6, single-coated, inside lettering, Copal 3, 86mm filter and 500+mm IC. Not sure exactly how big, I have nothing to measure it with.