PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Lens Shade - Standard Bellows?

Karl A
2-Dec-2013, 17:49
I finally figured out that the Sinar rod with clips will actually hold a standard Sinar bellows. I thought there was a different bellows for this, however the size makes sense in order to fit around a Copal 3 shutter. Can anyone confirm that this is correct? And if so, does this system work well? Is it much of an improvement over just using the dark slide to shade the lens? See attached pictures. Thanks!

Karl

Ken Lee
2-Dec-2013, 18:22
I finally figured out that the Sinar rod with clips will actually hold a standard Sinar bellows. I thought there was a different bellows for this, however the size makes sense in order to fit around a Copal 3 shutter. Can anyone confirm that this is correct? And if so, does this system work well? Is it much of an improvement over just using the dark slide to shade the lens? See attached pictures. Thanks!

Yes: it's a standard bellows. Yes, it works well. Yes, it's an improvement over just using the dark slide. :)

Karl A
2-Dec-2013, 18:36
Yes: it's a standard bellows. Yes, it works well. Yes, it's an improvement over just using the dark slide. :)

OK thanks, I just wanted to confirm my suspicions :) I will be using it from now on!

Mark Woods
2-Dec-2013, 18:41
It's a wonderful tool!

Karl A
2-Dec-2013, 19:12
Thanks, I'm looking forward to using it! I don't know why it took me a few months to realize how that part works with the bellows...

Roger Thoms
3-Dec-2013, 06:39
Hey it works with the bag bellows too.

Roger