PDA

View Full Version : Graflex Crown Graphic Special Prism question

jjwithers
26-Nov-2013, 12:51
Hello,

i have had this camera for over 13 years and it has always bothered me that I am missing something in the view finder / prism part.

Can somebody please explain what I am missing (see photo attached) , and how to get it replaced?

Thanks in advance.

Jon Shiu
26-Nov-2013, 12:58
It's missing the battery cover. They are often available on ebay, or I might have one somewhere. Not sure what that thing is sticking out on the upper left.

Jon

DrTang
26-Nov-2013, 14:08
electrical tape also works well

csxcnj
26-Nov-2013, 14:20
On my Super Graphic the battery cover is held in place by the batteries, that is probably why so many of the coves are missing from them.

Pretty sure it is the same for yours.

DrTang
26-Nov-2013, 14:55
they came with a block of wood in there, replaced when one put the battery in

smithdoor
26-Nov-2013, 18:19
The cover only stays in place if the battery are in camera. Other whys the cover fall off. I put foam in the battery box so need to keep battery out.
Try http://www.graflex.org/helpboard/ where to find parts or good luck on ebay.

see also
t http://www.midwestcamera.com/classic.html

Dave

jjwithers
28-Nov-2013, 15:04
Thanks gang. If anybody has a cover to sell, I would be interested. What kind of batteries did it take? I doubt it is anything that would still be functional?

I like the block of wood idea.

I think the clip on the left hand side was for keeping a cable from a flash out of the way.

Jon Shiu
28-Nov-2013, 19:04
Takes regular AA cells. I will look for a cover this weekend, if you still need one. On the other hand, you can make on out of a piece of black plastic, trimmed to fit.

Jon

AtlantaTerry
29-Nov-2013, 04:01
I think the clip on the left hand side was for keeping a cable from a flash out of the way.

Maybe not. Look where it is positioned. Does it not look like a cable release would go in there because the photographer's thumb would then be ready to press the release.