PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Expands Photoshop Photography Program to Everyone

dperez
21-Nov-2013, 08:16
Just an FYI to those thinking of purchasing Photoshop...

-DP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adobe has extended—and expanded—a deal to Photoshop photographers who seek a streamlined and low-cost alternative to the $50 per month Creative Cloud membership.

The company has announced that beginning Wednesday, and ending on December 2, its Photoshop Photography Program (https://creative.adobe.com/#plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom) is now open to everyone, whether or not they now own or ever have owned Photoshop.

Adobe insists that it is not simply luring people into Creative Cloud at an introductory price in order to jack up the price later. This $10 subscription price is ongoing and includes Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, 20GB of server space, and a Behance Pro website. The bundle offers the latest versions of Photoshop CC and Lightroom, including feature updates and upgrades as they are available, just like a regular Creative Cloud subscription.

When this offer debuted in September, only owners of Photoshop CS3 and higher were eligible for the deal. Now, everyone can get into the act until the beginning of December.

Upon expiration, the Photoshop Photography Program will continue to be available for $10 per month to owners of previous versions of Photoshop Photoshop Extended, or Creative Suite, version CS3 or later (CS3.x, CS4, CS5.x, or CS6). That offer expires Dec. 31, 2013.

This Photography Program provides Creative Cloud benefits plus Lightroom at half the price that Photoshop subscribers once paid for that subscription alone. The deal requires an annual commitment with monthly billing, just like other Creative Cloud subscriptions.

Kirk Gittings
21-Nov-2013, 08:34
and they can be used on two computers/platforms but not at the same time.

Kirk Gittings
21-Nov-2013, 09:04
Absolutely. I have a friend on their educational advisory board. It was a disaster as first presented and as the advisory board predicted.

bob carnie
21-Nov-2013, 09:21
I am going to sign up late next year my hope is to have a flat fee that will cover lightroom and PS and to be able to load it on 2-5 different computers.
Right now I am using Cs3 and lightroom 2 at work , and I have Cs6 and lightroom 4 at home.

I do use Bridge very infrequently.. but none of the other Creative Suite programs and pretty much have no intention to learn them.

Kirk Gittings
21-Nov-2013, 09:38
Bob for this "deal" there is a December deadline. But You can only install it on two computers AFAIK.

Tyler Boley
21-Nov-2013, 10:58
deadline is 12/31/2013

smithdoor
21-Nov-2013, 11:16
Sound like just rent it
This will increase stealing of your photos and other work
This just wrong
You have the right to keep your work safe off the internet (note best way have computer not no the internet)
I have PhotoShop back to 1997 with update and will only use a CD type I will try very hard not to pay rent for my software.

Dave

Tin Can
21-Nov-2013, 11:22
So let's see, I am the fool who signed up for the full boat at $30 a month which lasts till February. Now I want only the $10 option, I wonder how that will work with all thier DEAD lines.

I am a long time Adobe customer and this is getting troublesome.

Hell, I doubt a phone could answer my questions. Like how do I switch to the cheap plan after my $30 year long commitment ends.

I thought I was making a movie, but no longer am and don't need the full package.

tap tap Adobe spies are you listening?

bob carnie
21-Nov-2013, 11:33
I think there will be more of these types of deals so I am ok with the PS I have right now. I think this is like buying tv programs up here, Rogers has a stranglehold.

Bob for this "deal" there is a December deadline. But You can only install it on two computers AFAIK.

bdkphoto
21-Nov-2013, 11:39
So let's see, I am the fool who signed up for the full boat at $30 a month which lasts till February. Now I want only the $10 option, I wonder how that will work with all thier DEAD lines.

I am a long time Adobe customer and this is getting troublesome.

Hell, I doubt a phone could answer my questions. Like how do I switch to the cheap plan after my $30 year long commitment ends.

I thought I was making a movie, but no longer am and don't need the full package.

tap tap Adobe spies are you listening?

I had no issues switching. I used their online customer support. The only trick to this is that you have to log out of your CC full version and log back in to the Photo version after you make the switch.

Tin Can
21-Nov-2013, 11:45
90% of my digital 'work' is simple P&S macro and web postings. Free Picasa does all that way quicker than PS and LR and is what I use 90% of the time.

Picasa opens faster, sizes faster and adds my watermark faster. I only move to PS when necessary. And then I wait,..... for it to load, .....and show me how big a program it is. ......And my computer is not a dog.

The big problem is new OS's mucking up 'legacy' software. I use Mavericks and Win 8.1 and both have issues with different photo programs, not Picasa, PS or LR......yet.

Tin Can
21-Nov-2013, 11:46
I thought I had to complete my year commitment.

I will try today.

Thanks!

I had no issues switching. I used their online customer support. The only trick to this is that you have to log out of your CC full version and log back in to the Photo version after you make the switch.

bdkphoto
21-Nov-2013, 12:10
I guess they aren't getting the mass wave of subscriptions they anticipated.

Adobe has met or exceeded their stated goals for subscription numbers - currently over 1 million subscribers at the end of Q3 2013. The initial goal they set was to have 1.25 million subscribers by the end of Q4 and they will likely exceed those numbers.

I've switched from the Edu version of CC at 30/mo for full access to the Photo only at 10/mo once I decided to use a non Adobe product for video. At 120 year it's a no brainer to keep my workflow current.