PDA

View Full Version : X-Rite 361 T UV calibration

Harlan Chapman
17-Nov-2013, 17:27
I'm unable to calibrate my 361T in UV.
For visible (ortho) use it calibrates fine and give great results. In UV the calibration never matches the standard, also readings are inconsistent and non-linear. I'm using a new ortho/UV calibration step wedge supplied by X-Rite. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this, is there a simple solution or is it a sign that I have a serious problem and should look into finding a new unit for UV use?
Thank you,
-Harlan

Luis-F-S
17-Nov-2013, 18:11
What does X-rite have to say about it? That's whom I would be asking.....

Harlan Chapman
17-Nov-2013, 18:27
X-rite says "send it to us along with a check for $2000" and they'll refurbish it.
So I'm ready to buy another used one for a couple of hundred $ instead but want to make sure there isn't a quick fix.
-Harlan

Luis-F-S
17-Nov-2013, 19:20
You have a point. Are you using it for film? X-rite right now only supports the 301 for silver film, but you say your ortho response (film) works. I've used a MacBeth TD524 and an X-rite 301 both for silver film, unfortunately, I have no experience with the UV response. If you purchase another one, at least you now have the step wedge and can check it when you get it and hopefully return it if it doesn't calibrate. Check the serial #'s and try to get as late a one as possible. Good luck!

Harlan Chapman
19-Nov-2013, 07:18
I'm using it for in-camera negatives.
It is my understanding that the unit uses the same bulb for both UV and visible measurement.
It does measure in UV. The resulting measurements approximate the expected density differences from the calibration standard. But the measurements are way off, inconsistent, and non-linear.

sanking
19-Nov-2013, 07:46
Does the unit pass the self-test when you power it up? If not, it should display an error code indicating probable reason for the failure. See p. 12 of manual

Sandy