PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever convert a cambo 6x7 or 6x9 film back to 6x12?

flyboyx
10-Nov-2013, 15:13
so...i have a couple of those cambo/calumet film backs in the 6x7 size. i have not taken one apart yet, but i wonder how difficult it would be convert one or both to the 6x12 format?

i know calumet sells new ones for about 1k(which is a ridiculously stupid price). i see the 6x12 backs on ebay for about half that which also seems stupid. i could get another sinar vario for that price.

anyway, just wondering if anyone has had one apart with similiar aspiration? from the outside,they seem pretty simple. i have had the sinar vario apart and that one is incredibly complicated.

AtlantaTerry
10-Nov-2013, 17:38
so...i have a couple of those cambo/calumet film backs in the 6x7 size. i have not taken one apart yet, but i wonder how difficult it would be convert one or both to the 6x12 format?

i know calumet sells new ones for about 1k(which is a ridiculously stupid price). i see the 6x12 backs on ebay for about half that which also seems stupid. i could get another sinar vario for that price.

anyway, just wondering if anyone has had one apart with similiar aspiration? from the outside,they seem pretty simple. i have had the sinar vario apart and that one is incredibly complicated.

Having no idea what is inside, my first guess would be that you will have to change the gears in order for the film to advance the proper length. Other than that, should it not be a simple mechanism?

vinny
10-Nov-2013, 18:39
I think here was one for sale last week here.

Kirk Gittings
10-Nov-2013, 18:41
Having taken a few apart trying to fix hem when they wore out, I'd say you would have to replace all the gearing.