PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid 405 film holder

Annie M.
7-Nov-2013, 07:35
I have been digging through the 'stuff' that came with my speed graphic ... there is a Polaroid 405 film holder with paper tag sticking out in an alluring manner declaring itself to be Polacolor. Just wondering what is the probable ASA of this film... can I open the film holder in the dark an feel around to determine how many shots are left in the pack... also when the film is done is the holder just another candidate for the trash?

Thanks, Annie

vinny
7-Nov-2013, 07:36
Google or search here for polaroid 405.

Annie M.
7-Nov-2013, 07:53
Thank you for your suggestions, however, I prefer to ask here.

Jon Shiu
7-Nov-2013, 08:44
Polaroid 405 is in demand and can use Fuji pack film. Check ebay for current prices. Some have been paying $100-200 for them.

Jon

Ari
7-Nov-2013, 08:49
Polacolor is an ISO 100 film; because of its age, I would shoot it at ISO 64 and see how it performs.
They were made in packs of ten sheets, each sheet has a number on its white tab.
When you have shot #10 and pulled it, open up the 405 back and throw out the metal film holder, or use it as a picture frame for one of your Polaroids (really!).

adelorenzo
7-Nov-2013, 08:53
This holder uses instant pack film that is readily available and cheap. Fuji FP-100C (color) and Fuji FP-3000B (black and white). The actual image is roughly 3 x 4 inches so smaller than the 4x5 frame on the camera.

As far as the film you have in there now, I'd guess it is either 75 or 100 ASA. I've never shot polaroid pack films but the Fuji, at least, has a little number stamped on the white tab that tells you what frame you are on (out of 10).

With older film it is likely the pods have dried out but give it a shot. Pull the dark slide, expose, replace dark slide, pull the white tab and then pull the black tab that pulls the film through the rollers.

BrianShaw
7-Nov-2013, 08:55
Alluring, I think not. Taunting, perhaps, but not alluring. Expose that sheet and you'll find out if it was alluring or taunting.

Annie M.
7-Nov-2013, 09:27
Brian... I deem the paper tongue as alluring because it is curled not sticking straight out!

Yippee!... the tongue is a lucky #7... so I have a few to play with.

Thanks for the help everyone!

adelorenzo
7-Nov-2013, 12:32
Post some shots if you get anything out of it!