PDA

View Full Version : Fujinon-SF 180mm - Help needed on disks

cuzinbruce
5-Nov-2013, 09:16
Hi,
I just received a Fujinon-SF 180mm Lens, complete with both discs, red and yellow. I found instructions for it on the internet. Unscrew the front element group and push fit one or the other diffusion disc to the rear of the front element group. Replace front element group and take pictures using color coded f-stop markings. Simple enough. But the discs don't fit. I measured where they would appear to fit and that part of the front element group is 38.4mm. Discs are 32.9mm outside diameter, approx. 31.7mm ID, where they would push on to the rear of the front element group. First time I have ever used one of these lenses. Am I missing something or do I have the wrong discs? What would these discs fit if they are not for the 180mm lens. Any help much appreciated.
Thanks,
Bruce

Taija71A
5-Nov-2013, 13:07
____

Hi Bruce!

No... You have the correct discs. :D
It is a little bit 'counter intuitive', as the Red and Yellow SF Discs don't actually 'Push On' (like say a 'Push On' Lens Cap)... But rather they just *** 'DROP IN' *** to the Rear -- Of the Front Element Lens Group.
--
Best regards,

-Tim.
________

cuzinbruce
5-Nov-2013, 13:29
Hi Tim,
Thank you very much. I just got the lens and ran into this when I was checking it out. I found the instructions which say to "fit the grid on the back end of the front lens barrel" and it didn't work the way I thought it should. And I had paid a premium for a mint one with both discs...
So I do appreciate the help. I tried it now and it is fine.
Bruce Irving

Taija71A
5-Nov-2013, 13:42
____

Hi Bruce,
No problem. You are more than welcome!
I am glad, that I was able to be of assistance to you and more importantly... That all is now ' just fine' -- With your lens! :)
--
I sincerely hope that you enjoy your new lens. Happy Shooting!
--
-Tim.
________