PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix shipping times

csxcnj
4-Nov-2013, 19:06
Hi all, could any of you East Coast USA Chamonix owners tell me how long it took to receive your camera from the time it was ordered, if the camera was in stock and available for immediate shipment?

I have one on order I was told would arrive by last Saturday. Still waiting, not a problem, but we'll be away from the house this weekend and will need to arrange for someone to check the porch while we're gone. I'm hoping I can expect it within a 10 day period but maybe I'm just being too anxious.

I've checked my EMS tracking but I don't think it is very "real time"...it shows it still waiting at a sort facility somewhere in China but Hugo says it should be somewhere in the states by now. There is just no way of knowing where. :D

Thanks, Bob

vinny
4-Nov-2013, 20:34
I've had to sign for every shipment i've gotten from hugo which usually takes about 2 weeks at the most.

klocksib
4-Nov-2013, 20:40
I'm on the west coast, but I received a Chamonix about a month ago under similar time constraints. Luckily EMS transfers over to the USPS, and requires a signature for delivery, so I was able to just pick it up from the PO. I bet you could fill out holding form at yours to let them know you'll be out of town.

csxcnj
4-Nov-2013, 20:40
I've had to sign for every shipment i've gotten from hugo which usually takes about 2 weeks at the most.

So maybe I'll get lucky then and it will arrive before I leave on Saturday. Knowing the package has to be signed for is great news. At least it won't be left sitting on my porch, where sometimes packages grow legs. :mad:

Thanks for the peace of mind Vinny.

David Luttmann
4-Nov-2013, 21:06
Good info to hear. I'll be ordering a wet plate holder from them shortly

csxcnj
4-Nov-2013, 21:10
I'm on the west coast, but I received a Chamonix about a month ago under similar time constraints. Luckily EMS transfers over to the USPS, and requires a signature for delivery, so I was able to just pick it up from the PO. I bet you could fill out holding form at yours to let them know you'll be out of town.

If it doesn't come by Friday I'm good. If they attempt delivery Saturday they'll redeliver on the following Tuesday and I'll be home. Monday is a federal holiday so no mail. Perfect, nothing to worry about!

tigger_six
5-Nov-2013, 01:24
If I remember correctly, I got mine in January in about three working days (to Switzerland). I did not believe that possible but it indeed came from China.

pasiasty
5-Nov-2013, 03:42
If I remember correctly, I got mine in January in about three working days (to Switzerland). I did not believe that possible but it indeed came from China.
Same in my case - paid on Friday evening CEST, delivered on Tuesday. It took longer to deliver lens-boards from the UK, and it usually takes longer if I buy something locally...

Winger
5-Nov-2013, 09:11
I'm in the midwest and mine took about a week and a half and that included sitting in customs in Chicago for 4 days. Mine was delivered by the USPS and I did have to sign (luckily I was home because the USPS does not update their tracking info well).

csxcnj
7-Nov-2013, 10:38
Santa Claus came today! :D What a tiny beautiful camera. Nine business days from the day my payment cleared to arrival at my door. Not bad. It was extremely well packed.

Now I just need to figure out which hole in the focus plate for the front standard corresponds with which lens. :o

Cheers, Bob

pasiasty
7-Nov-2013, 10:48
keep your camera away from lenses! mine had also come tiny, but when it got all the lenses and accessories into its backpack, it turned out to be another monster in my collection :)

evan clarke
8-Nov-2013, 15:48
So maybe I'll get lucky then and it will arrive before I leave on Saturday. Knowing the package has to be signed for is great news. At least it won't be left sitting on my porch, where sometimes packages grow legs. :mad:

Thanks for the peace of mind Vinny.
I have bought two Chams. If you take the tracking number and input it to usps, it will probably give you more a curate tracking.

csxcnj
9-Nov-2013, 05:45
I have bought two Chams. If you take the tracking number and input it to usps, it will probably give you more a curate tracking.

That worked Evan. I never thought about checking on USPS tracking, I just kept checking the EMS site. Thanks!