PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Super Technika V, does it close with an Apo-sironar S 150

Camillou
3-Nov-2013, 05:11
Hi everybody!

I do have a Rodenstock Apo-Sironar S 150mm and plan to purchase a Linhof Super Technika V.
After some researches on this forum I haven't been able to find an accurate answer to my concern:
Is it possible to leave this lens on such a Technika with a normal (I mean non centered) flat lens board?
If no, do I have to buy a recessed one?
Is it better to use a lens board with a centered hole?

I'd really be please to hear from users of such a combo.

Kind regards

Bob Salomon
3-Nov-2013, 06:30
Linhof only recommends the 001015 Comfort recessed board for this lens on a 45 Technika. It does fold when using that board.

Camillou
3-Nov-2013, 07:05
Thanks a lot Bob for this quick answer!
I'll have a look at those recessed boards.

Jac@stafford.net
3-Nov-2013, 07:22
By all means, find one used. The 001015 Comfort is about $580 (at discount) new.

Camillou
3-Nov-2013, 07:27
By all means, find one used. The 001015 Comfort is about $580 (at discount) new.

I saw that!!! Incredible!
Furthermore they have that Quicksocket plug that would be useless for me...
Hopefully there's a version without Quicksocket (Linhof 001047) way cheaper, only 509$ at B&H!
Well, I'm joking. I'll look at Ebay for a used one.

DennisD
3-Nov-2013, 07:33
Be patient and keep looking.
You will find the recessed boards coming up on ebay every so often.
The price will be much more reasonable for a used one.

Bob Salomon
3-Nov-2013, 08:10
I saw that!!! Incredible!
Furthermore they have that Quicksocket plug that would be useless for me...
Hopefully there's a version without Quicksocket (Linhof 001047) way cheaper, only 509$ at B&H!
Well, I'm joking. I'll look at Ebay for a used one.

The Comfort board has the aperture scale and pointer as well as the press focus lever, the aperture selector lever all on the surface of the board. It also has the right angle PC connector so you can use flash and the new short cable release assembly rather then the old wire cable release connector. All of which you will need if you want to:

A: convenieltly set the aperture without reaching in the board recess.
B: easily open the lens for focusing and viewing without having to reach into the recess.
C: Read the aperture without difficulty since it is on the fce of the board and not in the recess of the board
D: use a flash without bending or breaking the cord or tip
E: attach a cable release without bending off the tip trying to get it into the recess.

Camillou
3-Nov-2013, 08:14
Thanks for those infos Bob. I was used to Sinar lensboard that are extremely simples and I read with interest all those details about this Linhof board and why they call it "comfort"!
Thanks

Vick Ko
3-Nov-2013, 09:22
This thread had me worried.
I just tried my 150 APO Sironar-S on my Linhof V with the regular flat lens board.
It closes.
Even with the Rodenstock lens cap on.

whew

Vick

Camillou
3-Nov-2013, 09:51
This thread had me worried.
I just tried my 150 APO Sironar-S on my Linhof V with the regular flat lens board.
It closes.
Even with the Rodenstock lens cap on.
whew
Vick

Oh, great news Vick! Thanks a lot!
Is the hole centered or not on your lensboard?

Vick Ko
3-Nov-2013, 09:52
Non-centered

Vick Ko
3-Nov-2013, 09:55
Reason that I was worried is because I mounted a 110mm super Symmar XL on my Linhof, and was annoyed that it doesn't close. The lens is too large. I've lost a bit of convenience with the 110mm lens on the Tech V

I had moved the 150 Sironar-S to a Crown Graphic (and it too closes).

I remounted the 150 to a Linhof board to double check that the Tech V closes, and it does.