PDA

View Full Version : Any Kienzle Enlarger users here?

sepiareverb
29-Oct-2013, 05:07
My new darkroom will not fit the Zone VI 810 enlarger no matter how I try to finagle things, so I'm looking at a baseboard mounted Kienzle as a possibility. From my conversations with them it seems like it will fit fine, and get me prints of the size I'm after. Any experience with the Kienzle enlargers among those here?

I currently use an LPL 4500 for everything up to 45, but a new project is really calling to be shot on 810.

Looking forward to some reviews!

-Bob

frotog
29-Oct-2013, 05:23
I briefly played around with a Kienzle 4x5 enlarger up in Canada. I've never run across one here in the states. Build quality was on par or above that of Durst's and way beyond that of the zone vi. You really can't go wrong especially if you'll be using this for B/W. Is Kienzle still in business?

mathieu Bauwens
29-Oct-2013, 06:28
http://www.kienzle-phototechnik.de/home_english/home_english.html

Mansuriatus Shahrir Amir
29-Oct-2013, 17:21
Yes there are in business. I've ordered a few spare parts from them for my Leitz Focomat IIc and V35 from them recently. You can email Mrs.Cornelia Kolthoff email: kienzle-phototechnik@t-online.de . That's the person I dealt with when I purchased the items from them.

sepiareverb
31-Oct-2013, 05:18
Yes, Cornelia has been fantastic.

Thanks for the first hand report frotog.

Peter Yeti
1-Nov-2013, 16:48
Bob,

You make fond memories coming back.:) When I was a student way back when, I had a Kienzle Primus 6x9 enlarger in the darkroom that must have been from the 1950s. That thing put any other enlarger to shame then! It had an automatic focusing system (similar to a Linhof Technika) and was built like a brick. I'm amazed that the company is still making analogue enlargers today. That said, it's clear that I can't say anything about their quality now. But several decades ago, this was one of the best enlargers money could buy on this side of the big pond.

sepiareverb
2-Nov-2013, 04:41
That is still their reputation Peter! I'm just waiting to hear back on a shipping quote, and it looks like I'm going to start selling some equipment to get this in the works.

Emmanuel BIGLER
3-Nov-2013, 09:23
Hello from France

I'm not a Kienzle user but I attended the last Photokina fair in Cologne in 2012 and Kienzle was there.
http://www.photokina.com/media/en/photokina/ausstellersuche_27/express.php?show=K
The company is located in Wildberg in the Black Forest, about 3-1/2 hours by car from where I live.