PDA

View Full Version : How can you chose an affordable photographer in Las Vegas?

brynnerYU415
29-Oct-2013, 01:08
I want to hire an affordable photographer for my upcoming wedding in Las Vegas. What are the factors I must consider in order to insure that I'll be getting the best value for my money?

Thank you.

Vaughn
29-Oct-2013, 02:24
Solid portfolio of prior weddings.
Don't equate 'affordable' with 'cheap'.
References that you can check up on.
Know what you want.
Read and ask questions about the contract.

ScottPhotoCo
29-Oct-2013, 09:37
Define affordable. I have quite a few friends here in LA that are exceptional wedding photographers that would likely be more than happy to make the simple trip to LV. Also, you are posting in a large format forum. Are you looking for large format photos?

Tim
www.ScottPhoto.co

thomasfallon
29-Oct-2013, 15:51
Nice first post. Maybe you are looking for affordable wedding photographs with a Deardorff? Is that what brought you here? How many photographs of your wedding would you need? 500? 1000? I assume you want color. 8x10 for good quality? Monte Zucker once said his work was affordable ... for those who could afford it.

Jody_S
30-Oct-2013, 11:23
If you are looking to discuss wedding photographers from a client's perspective, I suggest the forums on: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/

If you are looking for the photographers' perspective, there is an active discussion forum on http://photo.net/wedding-photography-forum/ (they will often answer questions from disgruntled customers who think they have been treated unfairly).

If you are looking for someone to shoot a wedding using 1930s equipment and methods, then you are in the right place here.

Bob Salomon
30-Oct-2013, 12:43
Chances are pretty good that any venue that you chose in Vegas for a wedding also has in house wedding shooters as well. Otherwise, look in the yellow pages and visit studios to see their work.

Bob Salomon
30-Oct-2013, 12:45
.....Monte Zucker once said his work was affordable ...

Monte Zucker and Clay Blackmore shot my daughter's wedding. But that was quite a few years ago.
Just before his studio fire and all the negs were destroyed in the fire. We only got proofs!

photobymike
30-Oct-2013, 14:26
ole Monte is working in the big darkroom in the sky as of 2007..... i used to be reasonable at 800 a wedding 25 years ago.... You pretty much get what you pay for.... you are taking a gamble in vegas tho .... lol lol

Brian C. Miller
3-Nov-2013, 13:54
How many pro LF photographers are there in LV? Right off hand, a quick search brings up nothing, not for photographers or stores. If you can find even one pro LF photographer, I'd say that's the person you want.

Bob Salomon
3-Nov-2013, 14:50
How many pro LF photographers are there in LV? Right off hand, a quick search brings up nothing, not for photographers or stores. If you can find even one pro LF photographer, I'd say that's the person you want.

We exhibit at the WPPI show in Las Vegas most years and there are an awful lot of locals who attend the trade show which traditionally has always been for wedding and portrait photographers. So they must come out of the woodwork.

photobymike
3-Nov-2013, 15:01
brian ...vegas must have a few wedding photographers since you can get married on every street corner almost. But you are right, this forum is an odd place to be looking for a wedding photographer.... maybe he is looking for a wet plate photog ? or tintype ? i am sure he wants a photo person with the latest digital stuff and albums and maybe some video.... has anybody got a used Cadillac for sale.... i would like to find a Deville DHS maybe a 2001 or. 2002