PDA

View Full Version : Linhof cam shoe does not go back?

tangyimail
30-Sep-2013, 19:57
Dear all,

I have recently acquired a Linhof Super Technika V in overall nice condition. However, after use and when I push the front back, the cam shoe( the little metal flap) does not return back to original position. It remains at about 45 degree angle. I have to push it back in order to close the front bed.

Anyone can help? Many thanks in advance.

TY

Vick Ko
1-Oct-2013, 05:06
Congratulations. I would check out the mechanism and gently lubricate all the joints and movements.

Bob Salomon
1-Oct-2013, 06:12
Is it or its base hanging up on something?

tangyimail
1-Oct-2013, 20:04
Thanks Vick and Bob. It's more like base hanging up. Definitely not lubrication. How can I put it back?

Bob Salomon
2-Oct-2013, 01:46
I see this happen when a cam is not installed and the spring loaded cam carrier slide too far to the left and hangs up on the mechanisim. Put an old cam in the shoe on the cam carrier and see if that eliminates the problem. It sounds like your camera needs a little repair service.

tangyimail
2-Oct-2013, 05:53
Indeed, when I put a cam in, it helps. But does it mean I have to keep it on all the time? Maybe I do need to send it to repair.......
thanks a lot Bob.

Bob Salomon
2-Oct-2013, 06:10
Indeed, when I put a cam in, it helps. But does it mean I have to keep it on all the time? Maybe I do need to send it to repair.......
thanks a lot Bob.

Yes, if that keeps it from hanging up. So it is time for service on your camera. If your camera was the very last V made then today it is 37+ years old. If it was the first V produced then it is 50+ years old today! More then time to have a proper CLA!

tangyimail
2-Oct-2013, 06:51
Yes, if that keeps it from hanging up. So it is time for service on your camera. If your camera was the very last V made then today it is 37+ years old. If it was the first V produced then it is 50+ years old today! More then time to have a proper CLA!

Indeed..... Thanks Bob. I'll have it CLA'd here.