PDA

View Full Version : Photo Trip Southwest

Greg Blank
25-Sep-2013, 20:31
I just got back this past weekend from my second SW USA trip, this was a combo of honeymoon and photo stops, I took the digital camera and my 4x5. We flew from Maryland and went from Death Valley to Sedona, to both sides of the Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion. I shipped all my gear separate so then the perceived problem occurred immediately on our first day. My 4x5 got broken along one side so I crazy glued it together and gaffer taped it at the corners. I just processed a few sheets from the middle of my stack of film. All appears to be well but I never claim victory until all sheets are processed (Somewhere around 100-B&W+Color). It was an awesome two weeks, me changing film into holders in the hotel rooms and in a darkbag etc, getting up at 4:45 am, eating supper at 8:30-9:00pm staying up until 10:30 to load more sheet film. I debated wether to test expose ten sheets from the unshot film so I could judge normal exposures when processing ten sheets but then thought if there was a fogging issue I would really be *issed off. So I grabbed 5 sheets from the middle of the stack thinking I'd avoid the first couple of images I shot- which I knew had some really awesome clouds. I processed the five and the images I was avoiding were in the tank? Hey they came out great! So this leads me to say thanks to that - that is watching over me and making my life better.

h2oman
26-Sep-2013, 06:34
Hmmm.... Where was the honeymoon part? :confused:

Michael Graves
26-Sep-2013, 08:29
Hmmm.... Where was the honeymoon part? :confused:

I'm relatively certain that part won't be shared online.