PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Help

Chefmoki
23-Sep-2013, 15:02
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I recently Picked up a Linhof at a garage sale. I couldnt pass it up since all of my friends are now shooting large format for fun. I have tried to look up information on it but I am not sure what version it is or what it is worth. I think its a 4x5 and I know it works from watching some youtube videos. It came with a case, and a bunch of different attachments. Please help!

Bob Salomon
23-Sep-2013, 15:18
It is a 1953/54 Technika III Luxury version (that means the red covering). It has the older multifocus finder and the older Anatomical grip.

Not made by Linhof is the Grafmatic film holder and the sheet film holder.

A Technika III is an orphan. The lens boards and groundglass and Fresnel screens are different then all later Linhof cameras and have been out of production for decades. In addition it is missing forward lens tilt, the most common view camera movement.

Value depends on what the buyer is willing to offer for very dated equipment. Same for the lenses.

Chefmoki
23-Sep-2013, 15:27
Its in awesome condition and I am pretty sure it has lens tilt inside the box. I also have the Polaroid 500, 100 things of film unused from 1972, a different grip. Depending on the buyer what is an average price? Thank you

Bob Salomon
23-Sep-2013, 15:30
Its in awesome condition and I am pretty sure it has lens tilt inside the box. I also have the Polaroid 500, 100 things of film unused from 1972, a different grip. Depending on the buyer what is an average price? Thank you

No model III has forward lens tilt. Only rearward lens tilt.

Chefmoki
23-Sep-2013, 16:04
Ok, So whats it worth?

Bob Salomon
23-Sep-2013, 16:53
Ok, So whats it worth?

That depends on the actual condition (light leaks from that old bellows?) and what the buyer is willing to pay. So look at completed auctions and sales. But I would want to see an old used camera before I made a guess at the value.

munz6869
23-Sep-2013, 17:20
Search ebay - you'll see Technika III's at such a wide variety of prices (US$600 and UP) that it's almost pointless us giving advice...

Marc!