PDA

View Full Version : Lens Hood with Technika Camera

Brian Ellis
20-Jul-1999, 12:07
I use the Lee lens hood/filter system. With my recently acquired Linhof Technika V 4x5 camera I've found that there isn't enough clearance between my lenses and the camera bed to permit the hood to be screwed onto the lens, i.e. the corners of the hood bump into the bed. I have to either use a lot of front rise to incr ease the clearance, or drop the bad and tilt the front standard backwards, or (i n the case of the 150 mm G Claron) both. This is something of a pain to say the least, particularly since I have to remember which lens requires which solution. I'm wondering whether anyone else uses the Lee system with this camera and has any suggestions or what other types of hoods/filter systems people use. Thanks. Brian

Bob Salomon
23-Jul-1999, 11:38
A lens hood mounted to the lens of a view camera is prone to vignetting.

For that reason there are 2 holes on the top of the Technika front standard into which an articulated compendium mounts. The compendium accepts 4x4" gels in a Linhof Gel Holder and also accepts an accessory 95mm filter holder which uses 95mm screw-in filters or/and 4x4" gels. It also accepts an acessory making device and with a Heliopan 95 to 105mm rotating square filter holder it accepts any combination of 4x4" glass, gel or acrylic filters or with the Heliopan 4" rotating holder it accepts Heliopan 4x6" glass grads.

Using this type of compendium there are no clearence problems even with the shortest lenses. And no vignetting issues.