PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Large Format class @ Barnsdall - Starts Saturday 9/21

billie williams
18-Sep-2013, 10:53
Hi Everybody,

For those of you in the Los Angeles area, there is a great class in Experimental Large Format Photography offered through the Barnsdall Art Center in Hollywood.
The next session begins September 21th. There are spaces for two more students in the class.

If you are new to LF, then it's a way to experiment w/o having to buy the gear. All cameras, tripods, and developing gear are included. All you need to purchase is your film, neg holders and some print paper. Along with learning how to use the 4x5 camera, Tom Meyer will teach you how to develop film and how to create great looking enlargements.

If you already know how to use your camera but want more practice getting the sorts of shots that you are looking for, or if you want to mingle with other LF folks, then it's also a cool experience. Tom is a great teacher and a wonderful man, with 50+ years of shooting film. Plus we do some experimenting, including solarization and multiple exposure.

Cost of the 12 weeks is $250. Class runs from 9:30 - 12:30 on Saturdays. There are several field trips that include Griffith Park Obs, the Huntington Gardens, Venice beach.

I'll be there as Tom's assistant too.

Here's the link if you are interested. Scroll down the the Saturday section, the class is S7
http://www.barnsdall.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/BACFall13Online.pdf

Let me know if you have questions. Billie

grantflanagan
18-Sep-2013, 15:46
Is this still available? I'd be interested for sure, plus I may have one other.

billie williams
18-Sep-2013, 16:16
Yes, I believe it is still open. Your best bet is to call the Barnsdall right away. They will hold a spot for you, or at least they used to do that.
Hope it works out!
Billie