PDA

View Full Version : Meet Tillman Crane at Garnet Montana

Eric Rose
13-Sep-2013, 18:26
Garnet is a ghost town in Montana. I had previously done Bannock and then moved on to Garnet. Tillman was doing a Ghost Towns of the West workshop (http://www.tillmancrane.com/workshop_09.php).

Turns out he is a really nice guy! He was killing some time waiting for his workshop participants to make it back to the main building so my wife and I struck up a conversation with him.

Thinks to note: 1. No Ansel beard (yeh) 2. No environmental crusader talk and 3. No references to how the landscape reminded him of some opus by Bach.

Now mind you points 2 and 3 might change if we spent any considerable time with him but I found him to be refreshing.

Eric

AtlantaTerry
13-Sep-2013, 22:04
Oops, I guess I will have to shave my beard if I want to be taken seriously. :)

Frank_E
13-Sep-2013, 22:18
well I was one of those workshop participants Tillman was waiting for
great guy, great workshop, lots of fun
the workshop finished this evening
writing this from Montana before I head home tomorrow

Eric, there was another Calgarian in the group, you might now him, Eugene Collins
also another LFF member was there (Rick Russell). Rick only shot LF. I shot both. All of the other participants shot digital. The workshop is primarily about learning how to create effective images, not about shooting LF.

Garnet is a ghost town in Montana. I had previously done Bannock and then moved on to Garnet. Tillman was doing a Ghost Towns of the West workshop (http://www.tillmancrane.com/workshop_09.php).

Turns out he is a really nice guy! He was killing some time waiting for his workshop participants to make it back to the main building so my wife and I struck up a conversation with him.

Thinks to note: 1. No Ansel beard (yeh) 2. No environmental crusader talk and 3. No references to how the landscape reminded him of some opus by Bach.

Now mind you points 2 and 3 might change if we spent any considerable time with him but I found him to be refreshing.

Eric

Mark Sawyer
13-Sep-2013, 23:41
...but sometimes the landscape really is an opus by Bach...

Rick Russell
14-Sep-2013, 16:47
Great location! And a great time was had by all participants at Tillman's workshop! It was particularly fun when he took out his 5x12 at the end of one day. Tillman's an engaging instructor, and I will certainly take another of his workshops.

Rick Russell

Eric Rose
14-Sep-2013, 20:09
Oops, I guess I will have to shave my beard if I want to be taken seriously. :)

Your right! All you Ansel wannabes are so passe, now to be considered a serious LF photographer you must be bald!