PDA

View Full Version : Readyload film

John Hennessy
1-Aug-2004, 13:32
Does anyone know a good way to carry 6 or 8 readyloads on one's belt or the like?

Sometimes I wander away from my car or backpack with my camera over my shoulder and everything I need for the next image or two hanging from my belt. I have a way to carry four film holders, or my Quickload but Readyloads, being so flexible and fragile, are a problem. In my case, they're in a large, flat food storage container (a Rubbermaid 7 cup to be exact.) A top-opening box like that with a belt loop would be perfect.

Thanks.

Steve Hamley
1-Aug-2004, 13:51
John,

How about a Gnass Rapid Load File? Comes in 2- and 3- pouch flavors, and will hold the Readyload/Quickload holder too. It could hang on a belt using a carabiner, or loop the strap across the tripod head and use an extra piece of velcro to hold it to one leg.

I have one although I don't use it quite the way you propose. It's an excellent piece of gear, and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work as above.

http://www.gnassgear.com/products/product_info.cfm

Steve

michael Allen
1-Aug-2004, 15:27
John,

I just ordered a "photo belt" from a company at www.kinesisgear.com they have a couple of pouches that are specifically designed to be worn on a belt system that are made to hold quick loads and holders. Look under #7 Large Format Systems

I used a Lowepro belt system when I shot MF and loved not having to set expensive equiptment on the ground, not having to take a bag off my back to dig through it, plus being able to move about with all your equiptment on you. I think this is all carry over from my millitary days.

Good Luck

Mike_4494
6-Aug-2004, 12:02
The Kinesis belt system has optional pouches that hold 4x5 Readyloads. I use two, one for exposed and one for unexposed film packets.