PDA

View Full Version : Multiple sheets of film in Cibachrome or Unicolor drums

adelorenzo
8-Sep-2013, 08:06
Hi Everyone,

I've started shooting whole plate and 8x10 film recently. I develop each sheet individually in a small Cibachrome drum on a motor base and the results have been great, but obviously a bit time consuming.

I also have a large Cibachrome drum and a couple of unicolor drums (including a giant one) that could hold multiple sheets of film. Obviously I would need some kind of a way to keep the sheets from overlapping inside the drum. Has anyone come up with some kind of a spacer or other method to do this?

Sorry if this has already been answered but poring through the search results didn't turn anything up.

Best Regards,
Anthony

LF_rookie_to_be
8-Sep-2013, 10:00
Something like a DIY version of Jobo 4206 format holders sized for four 8x10 sheets and fitting the entire drum? 4206 holders, with "nipples" on both sides, seem like a good design. If you add spacers on such a 16x20 holder, it should work. It's possible that Jobo offered such holders per special request, but the price may have easily been quite high.

Light Guru
8-Sep-2013, 18:54
Obviously I would need some kind of a way to keep the sheets from overlapping inside the drum. Has anyone come up with some kind of a spacer or other method to do this?

I've used these in the unidrum as separators.
http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece-78-spring-clamp-set-69375.html

Michael Cienfuegos
9-Sep-2013, 09:36
I've used these in the unidrum as separators.
http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece-78-spring-clamp-set-69375.html

I also use these little Harbor Freight clips. They work great as separators, don't slip and they are rally cheap if you buy the tube with twelve of these little ones and four larger ones which can be used as film clips.

m

adelorenzo
9-Sep-2013, 09:42
Thanks for the replies. This might be a dumb question but what do you clip on to? Do your drums have ridges inside? All my drums have insides that are totally smooth.

Jim Noel
9-Sep-2013, 11:07
Unicolor drums have ribs to hold the film.