PDA

View Full Version : Visual Arts alliance of Houston Show: Oct 6th through Nov 15th

Drew Bedo
8-Sep-2013, 06:40
One of my images, "Shadowed Sands", has been selected for inclusion in the Visual Arts Alliance Members Show for 2013. The VAA is a main-stream, multi-media art group well respected by the art community here in Houston Texas. Membership is open to all visual artists and they have an active program of events each month. www.visualartsalliance.org/

This is an important event for me. While I participate in a few shows sponsored by groups promoting the work of disabled artists, I prefer to present myself as a mainstream artist. Houston’s VAA is not oriented towards disabilities of any type. All work is competitively judged and selected by a jury without identifying the artist. The work must stand on its own merits. For me, just to be included is a prize in itself.

The exhibition will be on display in the lobby area of a major office building in downtown Houston known as “1600 Smith Street” from September 28nd through November 15th. The opening reception will take place on Friday October 4th from 6-8 PM at 1600 Smith Street.

If you are in town, please drop by and say hello.