PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix 045N1 Back tilt adjustment screw size

Larry Gebhardt
6-Sep-2013, 16:24
My Chamonix 045N1 needs a very slight adjustment to the back tilt. This should be easy with the little set screws in the tabs that slide in and out. But I don't have the right size hex wrench to make the adjustment. The 0.035 wrench turns and the 0.050 is too big. Same with the 1.3mm and the .9mm metric versions. So does anyone know what size wrench is needed to adjust these set screws? I'm guessing it's about .04" or 1mm, but neither of those sizes seem to be available.

Preston
6-Sep-2013, 16:33
Larry,

Send a note to Hugo. Perhaps he can help you out.

--P

vinny
6-Sep-2013, 17:46
This has come up here before but you'll have to google the hell out of it to find it.

scm
6-Sep-2013, 18:49
The set screws have been .9mm on the 045N1 and 045N2 cameras I've had.

Jim Cole
6-Sep-2013, 18:49
I'm interested in this too. I remember the previous thread, but I don't think an answer was ever found out.

scm
6-Sep-2013, 19:01
This is the previous thread that is being referred to (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?102040-Does-anyone-else-s-Chamonix-do-this)

Jac@stafford.net
6-Sep-2013, 19:17
My Chamonix 045N1 needs a very slight adjustment to the back tilt. This should be easy with the little set screws in the tabs that slide in and out. But I don't have the right size hex wrench

You probably know that there are a lot of Ace Hardware stores in New Hampshire. They have bins of just about every hex wrench made, and they are good and still very inexpensive. I usually schlep my part to the store and try each until the fit is found.

Larry Gebhardt
6-Sep-2013, 20:56
Thanks for the link to the other thread. I'm not sure why I didn't find that with my initial search. Still looks like there isn't an answer that works. Hugo says .9mm, but I can feel that slipping, so it isn't big enough.

When I was in the local TrueValue I didn't find loose keys, but maybe they have them in the back. I'll check again, and then I'll stop by a different hardware store and see if I can find the right size.

Kodachrome25
7-Sep-2013, 06:46
They really need to swap those screws out with a simple flat head type with a deep enough slot, I am pretty sure they are in there with blue loctite so an Allen key that small is way too prone to stripping out.

I don't really have any complaints about my 45N-2, but if I could choose one, those non-adjustable adjustment screw would be it.