PDA

View Full Version : Toyo 69/45 roll film holder on Linhof TK45s

Ari
6-Sep-2013, 07:51
Hi,

I just bought a Toyo 69/45 roll film holder for the Linhof TK45s; it is a little thick to fit under the GG, but it seems that even if I use the Graflok back to secure it, the camera's shift button (on the rear standard) gets in the way. This prevents the roll film back from locking in place properly.

Can anyone confirm this non-compatibility before I sell/return the back?
I'd hate to do so, it is the 6x9 back I've always wanted.

Thank you.

Daniel Stone
6-Sep-2013, 08:51
Hey Ari,

looking at photographs online of both aforementioned items(camera/back), it looks like that in the VERTICAL(only?) position I can see you running into a "problem" with the rear rise set to zero.

try this:
raise both standards by 10mm(maybe 20? just taking a wild stab @ guessing since I can't determine exactly how much it sticks out past the end of where a standard film holder would be), front and rear. That way you're "zeroed" optically, but it will limit your further potential of using more rise than allowed by the camera physically.

-Dan

Bob Salomon
6-Sep-2013, 09:55
It has never been reported to us as a problem. Just raise the standards a bit and try as Daniel suggested. You might also ask Mike at Blazes if he has heard anything.

Ari
6-Sep-2013, 12:21
Thanks to both of you; I only had a cursory glance/attempt before I had to zip out the door.
Will try again with the camera on a tripod using a bit of rise.

Ari
6-Sep-2013, 12:31
Daniel, you are correct, I have to use about 7mm of rise to get the back in there.
It works, but I was mostly hoping to avoid removing the GG assembly; I was told the Toyos could slip in under the GG.
Maybe they can on Toyo backs, but not with the Linhof backs.
Thanks again, Daniel and Bob.

Daniel Stone
6-Sep-2013, 13:10
does it work correctly in horizontal mode as well? only asking because you can't move the side standard exactly "out of the way", easily at least ;)

Ari
6-Sep-2013, 13:23
It just barely makes it in horizontal mode, almost rubbing against the tilt/rise mechanism. And yes, that part is not going anywhere :)
The Toyo back is a breeze to load, and is as well-built as a German tank: precise and hefty.
My initial disappointment will surely give way to appreciation once some film gets shot.

Thanks, Daniel.

Bob Salomon
6-Sep-2013, 13:27
Daniel, you are correct, I have to use about 7mm of rise to get the back in there.
It works, but I was mostly hoping to avoid removing the GG assembly; I was told the Toyos could slip in under the GG.
Maybe they can on Toyo backs, but not with the Linhof backs.
Thanks again, Daniel and Bob.

No, none of the Graflock type backs will fit under a Linhof GG. Under a Wista one yes.

Ari
6-Sep-2013, 13:46
No, none of the Graflock type backs will fit under a Linhof GG. Under a Wista one yes.

Thanks, Bob.