PDA

View Full Version : PS CC & Lightroom 5

asnapper
4-Sep-2013, 11:56
http://blogs.adobe.com/creativelayer/introducing-the-photoshop-photography-program/

Let the comments come :)

Ari
4-Sep-2013, 22:21
Cough... :)

asnapper
5-Sep-2013, 02:36
I beleive the price only applies if you have CS3 or later and do you want to bet the price will increase in Jan 14 :(

Peter Mounier
5-Sep-2013, 07:36
From the faqs ...

Customers who sign up by December 31, 2013 will be able to continue their membership. This price is not a special introductory price for your first year only; it is the standard price for this level of membership. But if you cancel your membership in the future, you will not be able to re-join at this special price.

mijosc
5-Sep-2013, 09:41
If you have an older version of Photoshop, use Lightroom, and like to keep up-to-date, this seems like a pretty good value to me. I'm still not thrilled with the idea of "renting" software, but that's the way things seem to be going.

Moopheus
5-Sep-2013, 10:11
I just upgraded to CS6, and intend to just use that for as long as I can.

Tin Can
5-Sep-2013, 20:07
I am a current CC renter. I will change to this new program asap. I find my video production needs are simple enough for Premiere Elements.

Most likely Adobe noticed many of us do not use all the apps, and come January, they were going to lose me when CC goes from $30 to $50.

As I am retired on a low fixed income, I find myself cutting every bill possible. No cable, no cell phone, no Netflix DVD's, etc. Bars and restaurants miss me.

The big plus is, I can spend all my time on photography, without Digital Rat Race.

Larry Gebhardt
6-Sep-2013, 07:01
At $10 I will be subscribing to lock in the price, even though I own PS CS6 and LR5. I wish I hadn't already upgraded to LR5, but I'll probably give the LR5 license over to my daughter.

The new price is a better deal than what we had before, with upgrades to LR and PS ever 18 months at about $200 total.

Tin Can
6-Sep-2013, 08:42
I also already own PS CS6 and LR5.

I hope Adobe starts paying attention to what we really need and can pay.

At $10 I will be subscribing to lock in the price, even though I own PS CS6 and LR5. I wish I hadn't already upgraded to LR5, but I'll probably give the LR5 license over to my daughter.

The new price is a better deal than what we had before, with upgrades to LR and PS ever 18 months at about $200 total.

TheToadMen
6-Sep-2013, 10:05
Does this deal include the use of the PS and LR software? Do I get Lightroom installed locally?
I already have PS6.