PDA

View Full Version : How to attach cable release

Andy Yeo
19-Jul-1999, 06:03
I have a problem attaching a cable release to a recently-acquired lens. This ha s a #2 shutter with a threaded hole on one side for the cable release. The prob lem is, when mounted on my Tech III, there isn't enough room to attach a convent ional cable release. Does anybody have any suggestions? I imagine the problem is the same as might occur with a recessed lensboard. Thanks.

Richard Fish
19-Jul-1999, 06:59
Call Calumet. They sell a cable release made for recessed boards which has a very short collar. It will work perfectly on your Tech.

Charles Matter
19-Jul-1999, 11:03
Calumet also sells a swivel adapter which allows you to use a reuular cable release on a resessed board. Works well

Michael Kadillak
19-Jul-1999, 23:33
I had a similar experience with a 250 mm Kodak Wide Field Ektar and getting a cable release to fit on a large Ilex #5 shutter on an 8 x 10 inch Kodak Masterview.

Since my shutter was attached directly by screws to the lensboard and the cable release came off of the shutter at the 90 degree position, (and I did not have enough room to screw in the cable) I added a shim between the mount and the lens so the lens tightened up at about the 45 degree position and was able to find enough room by attaching the cable towards the corners of the lensboard.

I do not know if this will work for you, but if going to one of the four corner diagonals to see if the cable has room does not work, then you will have to go with a special attachment.

Good Luck

Bob Salomon
23-Jul-1999, 11:55
We are now releasing the Pro Release Cable release Extension which was designed for mounting a cable release onto the 35mm Apo Grandagon in double recessed Technika sized boards.

This is a short and very flexible PVC covered cable that screws into the shutter and has a female cable release thread at the opposite end to attach a cable release to. It is exceptionally flexible to fit into very tight spaces while still allowing the release to operate smoothly. These list for $11.50. Cat # 603007

While we also have the L and U shaped adapters that are the same price the new extensions fit into much tighter spaces.

They can be ordered from any camera store.