PDA

View Full Version : Richard Garrod Exhibition/CA

Merg Ross
1-Sep-2013, 09:31
Richard Garrod will be exhibiting his photographs at the Pacific Grove Art Center near Monterey, CA. Exhibit dates are September 6 - October 17, 2013. Richard has a long and distinguished career as a photographer, dating to the 1950's. I have been a fan from those early years --- his work, in my opinion, ranks with the very best. He will give a talk at the gallery on September 28.

http://www.pgartcenter.org/index.html

Tori Nelson
1-Sep-2013, 10:44
Thanks for posting this Merg. Dick is not only a wonderful photographer, he is also one of the most generous people I know in terms of sharing his time and wisdom with anyone who asks. I have both of his books and two beautiful prints of his; prized possessions for sure!

I won't be able to make it to his talk but at least I will be able to visit the gallery while his work is up.

Ben Hopson
1-Sep-2013, 11:54
Wish I could be there. I share the opinion that Richard's work ranks with the very best.

Kirk Gittings
1-Sep-2013, 12:31
He is a photographers' photographer. I wish I could be there.

Roger Thoms
1-Sep-2013, 12:31
Just might be able to make this, thanks for the heads up. A friend has one of Richards prints and I marvel at how beautiful it is.

Roger

Merg Ross
1-Sep-2013, 16:18
Thanks for posting this Merg. Dick is not only a wonderful photographer, he is also one of the most generous people I know in terms of sharing his time and wisdom with anyone who asks. I have both of his books and two beautiful prints of his; prized possessions for sure!

I won't be able to make it to his talk but at least I will be able to visit the gallery while his work is up.

Tori, I couldn't have said it better. Glad you will be able to see his exhibit.

Wayne Lambert
1-Sep-2013, 19:10
Dick was one of our instructors at the 1969 Yosemite Workshop. I admired him as a man and a photographer.
Wayne