PDA

View Full Version : Epson 9600 printer printing wrong colours!!

ljwhyte
1-Sep-2013, 03:48
Hi I am going out of my mind. I have an Epson 9600 printer and up until a few days ago was printing fine. Now all of a sudden when printing purple its coming out pink and turquoise is dark green!! I have not run out of ink, I have done a clean and all lines are present and correct, does any one know what is going on? I thought maybe I need to calibrate the printer, but there is no calibrate option in the properties of the printer. HELP!

EOTS
1-Sep-2013, 06:58
Hi,

you wrote that the lines are clear,
but have you printed the nozzle test pattern, to verify that all lines come correctly?
Perhaps single lines are missing and causing a color shift ...

Best regards,
Martin

ljwhyte
1-Sep-2013, 12:31
Hi,

you wrote that the lines are clear,
but have you printed the nozzle test pattern, to verify that all lines come correctly?
Perhaps single lines are missing and causing a color shift ...

Best regards,
Martin

so if just one line is missing it can cause a color shift?

EOTS
1-Sep-2013, 12:50
Hi,

sorry for the unclear formulation, with "single line" here I meant the whole single color of the 12 total colors.
For example, if cyan was missing, it could cause the turquoise issue...

Best regards,
Martin

Kirk Gittings
1-Sep-2013, 12:53
As he suggests a clogged ink head.

Jim Andrada
1-Sep-2013, 19:58
Unfortunately. it happens all the time with my Epson 4880 particularly here in the land of zero humidity (most of the year, at least.) I think I use more ink cleaning than printing. One clogged head will absolutely change colors - and will royally screw up B&W as well.

ljwhyte
2-Sep-2013, 00:22
Hi,

sorry for the unclear formulation, with "single line" here I meant the whole single color of the 12 total colors.
For example, if cyan was missing, it could cause the turquoise issue...

Best regards,
Martin

I have done a clean and all lines are present and correct, no blocked nozzles etc, but purple is still printing pink, blue is printing purple and turquoise is printing dark green. Its driving me crazy. What am I doing wrong?

bob carnie
2-Sep-2013, 06:13
Time to call in the tech for the epson machine.

We had a similar issue with the Cannons we own. It was due to rapid humidity change and lack of use over the christmas holiday.

It sounds like a more complicated issue since you are seeing the basic inks with your nossel check.
Have you tried printing off a control chart used for profiling the machine to see what happens??

photobymike
2-Sep-2013, 06:27
so if just one line is missing it can cause a color shift?

Yea ....!!!

epson printers are great for photographers ...but when they break its a pain ..... i have thousands invested in Epson over the years... they should put me on the board of directors. i still buy epson.... 7600 4900 4800 and r3000 currently using..... my 7600 and 4900 the tech dept department and i are on first name basis because i call so much. I am thinking they should offer a doctorate program at the local college on epson printers.

they are getting better ...my r3000 is a gem.... have had it for a year with no none nada problems... knock on wood....

sanking
2-Sep-2013, 06:54
It does sound like an unusual problem since you apparently are getting a good nozzle check with a test print.

Did you recently change printer software and operating system? This may also be a color managment issue.

Sandy

Gary Beasley
2-Sep-2013, 07:02
Sound to me like bad electrical contacts between the head and cartridge. Is there any way to safely clean the contacts?

Preston
2-Sep-2013, 07:38
Just thinking out loud: Could a corrupted paper profile be the problem?

--P

EOTS
2-Sep-2013, 07:44
I have done a clean and all lines are present and correct, no blocked nozzles etc, but purple is still printing pink, blue is printing purple and turquoise is printing dark green. Its driving me crazy. What am I doing wrong?

--P

To further isolate the problem:
does the color shift also happen "in hardware" when printing via the print menu (f.ex. in the nozzle check print),
or does it only happen when printing from the computer?

Best regards,
Martin

bob carnie
2-Sep-2013, 08:19
yes indeedee

--P

ljwhyte
2-Sep-2013, 09:58
To further isolate the problem:
does the color shift also happen "in hardware" when printing via the print menu (f.ex. in the nozzle check print),
or does it only happen when printing from the computer?

Best regards,
Martin

It still happens when printing either way.

Epson are saying the problem solely lies with my inks, I am using good compatible inks, but Epson are insisting here lies my problem, could they be right?

sanking
2-Sep-2013, 10:01
It still happens when printing either way.

Epson are saying the problem solely lies with my inks, I am using good compatible inks, but Epson are insisting here lies my problem, could they be right?

Of course Epson could be right, especially if you are re-filling the cartridges yourself!

Not saying that they are right, but if you are using third party inks that could certainly be a cause of the problem.

Sandy

bob carnie
2-Sep-2013, 10:33
I agree, did not consider the OP was not using Epson inks.

Of course Epson could be right, especially if you are re-filling the cartridges yourself!

Not saying that they are right, but if you are using third party inks that could certainly be a cause of the problem.

Sandy