PDA

View Full Version : Half Gallon Tnak Racks for Kodak 4A holders

gleaf
27-Aug-2013, 19:43
Looking for rack/s or information on racks for the Kodak half gallon hard rubber tanks to hold the A4 4 x 5 film hangers (and Carr equivalent).

Taija71A
27-Aug-2013, 20:35
Looking for rack/s or information on racks for the Kodak half gallon hard rubber tanks to hold the A4 4 x 5 film hangers (and Carr equivalent).

____

@gleaf...

Are you looking to purchase (*Or just obtain 'information')... On the Kodak 1/2 Gallon Hard Rubber Tanks or the Kodak 4A 4x5" Stainless Steel Film Hangers -- Or perhaps Both?

FYI... I just (very recently) purchased some additional Kodak 4A 4x5" SS Film Hangers -- From LF Forum Member 'Filmnut'. Perhaps... He still has some more Hangers???

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?105110-FS-4X5-Stainless-Film-hangers-25

From my experience... The Hangers are still fairly easy to find. The Kodak Hard Rubber Tanks... Much less so! :(
--
Best,

-Tim.
_______

AtlantaTerry
27-Aug-2013, 20:51
Have you tried using Google to search Craigslist? When I was looking for some Pocket Wizards a couple years ago, that is what I did. Even though I'm based in Atlanta, doing a search like that found a photographer in Iowa was retiring and sold me his PW units.

As a test, I just Googled: Craigslist Kodak 4A and found a couple listings in Houston, Texas. But evidently the items had been sold.

Try this eBay search:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Kodak+%224-A%22&_ftrv=1&_ipg=50&_sadis=200&_adv=1&_sop=12&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_dmd=1&_ftrt=901&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XKodak+%224A%22+hangers&_nkw=Kodak+%224A%22+hangers&_sacat=0

AtlantaTerry
27-Aug-2013, 21:37
gleaf:

If you can not find any stainless steel tanks, look around for plastic tubs. I have seen some at Dollar Stores and office supply stores. About a year ago someone wrote about rectangular containers at WalMart that perfectly accepted Kodak #4A racks but at the time were on close-out. When I visited my local WalMart I could not find any so I guess they were sold out.

The plastic containers will fill in until you find some hard rubber or stainless steel ones.

gleaf
28-Aug-2013, 07:49
Apology for the cryptic form of the original question. My bad.
And thanks to all for the information.

I have collected a set of Kodak hard rubber tanks in good condition.
and plenty of stainless 4 x 5 hangers from the forum folks and e
flee the bay.. I see the Arkay/Regal racks for 3.5 gallon tanks show up,
Just haven't seen and 'original' 4x5 racks for the Kodak hard rubber half gallon tanks.

My internet searches for racks so far keep hitting the 3.5 gallon tank size Arkay/Regal's.

While I can toddle over to the custom machine fabricator down the road and we could 'come up with something' I would much rather buy the real thing if serviceable or obtain enough information to duplicate the spacing.

I normally shoot Ilford and process with DD-X one shot.
Maximizing the film holder load is the target.

DD-X as a one shot capacity approx. 40 4 x 5's so seriously exceeds the number of holders that will fit in 1/2 gallon tanks.

Would like to have the real thing if it is out there.
All search, bright ideas, and foraging assistance most welcome.

Taija71A
28-Aug-2013, 08:16
____

Good Morning!

Sorry for my somewhat 'Cryptic' response also...
I now fully understand what you are looking for! :)
--
FYI... I just located the following URL Link with a 'quick' google search...
(*I am sure... That there must be other similar items -- Available also 'elsewhere' ).

These Racks are of course *Not* the original Kodak SS Racks, but are of made of Acrylic.
However... They would appear to be designed to work 'in conjunction' with the Kodak Hard Rubber Tanks! :)

Please See Item:

EMS Film Racks.

74352 EMS Film Rack 4x5 (*Holds 12 Sheets of 4x5" Film).

http://www.emsdiasum.com/microscopy/products/photographic/develope.aspx

I sincerely hope... That this information is perhaps of some further assistance to you!
Best,

-Tim.
________

AtlantaTerry
10-Sep-2013, 22:45
I use 108 ounce plastic tubs from Dollar Tree stores. They perfectly hold 12 Kodak 4A stainless steel 4x5 sheet film racks.

The only problem that happens in the dark is when I pick up the racks, they sort of fan out. I have been using my other hand to hold the racks together to prevent them fanning. But the other day I tried some large rubber bands that are sold in Container Stores to hold plastic trash bags in trash cans. They are called "Can Bands" and cost $3 for 15. In the dark I wrap one of the rubber bands around the 12 racks. After processing there is no mark on either the base or emulsion sides of the film.

Sure, the plastic tubs are not as fancy as stainless steel but they get the job done. :(

BTW, one of the Can Bands can be seen hanging from the bathroom door knob.

A question for the forum or website: how does one make attached photos appear larger?

gleaf
11-Sep-2013, 18:34
Awesome. Can Bands. The hunt will be on tomorrow.