PDA

View Full Version : Source for Rubylith Film and Glycin...

imagedowser
23-Aug-2013, 16:21
Looked in a few obvious spots to no avail... Looking for two hard to locate items...(for me, apparently).... #1) Rubylith film in roll or larger sheets (16x20 hopefully although 11x14 will get me by for now. Setting up to make an attempt at callotype. Fell in love with Edouard Baldus and Gustave Gray among others, been following The Callotype Society on 'flicka' (Cynan Jones, Roxig, Lanning et al) also been bookin' it with Alan Greens tome. The process is a trip and I particularly like the idea of total self sufficiency. Paper neg and salt prints or albumin...... #2) Glycin to make several developers I'd like to play with.... mostly stand developers. Thanks for looking... Bill "didn't dowse for them" Kramer-Harrison

Drew Wiley
23-Aug-2013, 16:24
Photog Formula sells glycin. Just remember that it's personality changes with oxidation age. Fresh glycin is yellowish tan, then slowly goes mocha tan, and then by
the time it's deep chocolate it is nearly useless for some things. You can refrigerate unopened bottles to keep them fresh.

imagedowser
23-Aug-2013, 20:42
Drew, Looked there and didn't see it before I posted, I'll look again or better yet call, have to order 2 other chems to make Rodinal anyway and they have them...Thanks for the tip and the info on aging and keeping qualities, looks like this is a buy what you need thing, one less thing to get old, I like that. Be Well and Stay Young, Bill

David Cerbone
29-Aug-2013, 08:56
If you search in eBay for "rubylith" you will find it in various sizes and thicknesses. I bought some from an eBay seller a while back when I was making a darkbox for wet plate. The stuff seemed fine, though I used several layers to minimize the chance of fogging.

Drew Wiley
29-Aug-2013, 10:01
In the Formulary listings, glycin won't be listed under developers (just devs containing glycin like 130 kits), but alphabetically under bulk chemicals. Or you can simply call them.

Jan Pietrzak
30-Aug-2013, 07:36
Bill.

The Mfg it Ulano, and a place in SoCal is McLogans that sells it. Hope this helps.

Jan