PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 grid request

asmariglia
20-Aug-2013, 05:55
I'm looking for a 8x10 grid templates file .pdf .cad .jpeg that i can print on my ground glass using silkscreen, does anyone own ones ?

jnantz
20-Aug-2013, 06:14
hi there,

i made something fast and easy in my computer ( "mac-draw" ), printed it on a sheet of 8x10
and brought it to a copy store and asked them to print it on clear plastic. then just put it on top of my
ground glass under the "clips" ... i must admit i did this for my speed graphic 25 years ago
but i am sure the same thing can be done for an 8x10 ...

good luck !
john

DannL
20-Aug-2013, 06:30
A couple alternatives for grids that I have used in the past . . .

One is to draw your grid using a graphics program, followed by printing it on a "laser printer transparency sheet" (the clear\transparent type). Cut it to size, clip the corners, and use tape in the corners to hold it in place.

The other is to draw the grid on the "non-frosted side" of the view screen with a fine point Sharpie permanent marker using a ruler\straight-edge.

In either case the grids is not permanent, and can be easily altered/updated at a later date.

Ciao! Dann

Ooops! I see John posted the same suggestion before I. :cool:

asmariglia
20-Aug-2013, 06:36
thanks for the answers... i will print the grid on transparency sheet then i will expose under uv lights on a screen printing frame and after all i just print it on the ground glass... just looking now for a prof style templates =)

VPooler
21-Aug-2013, 13:27
By printing it on transparency and using the transparency itself as a grid you open a whole new set of possiblilities. For example- masks, aspect ratio charts for cropping, leaving the center part ungridded etc. That is what I am going to do when I get my 4x5 set up. Plus it protects the glass from scratches and dirt.

asmariglia
23-Aug-2013, 17:26
ok, at the end I made one in autocad, I put it here for those who want to use it,
pastelink.me/dl/3947ac#sthash.hLVTr5Dn.dpuf
the dashed lines are the inner frame of the film holder