PDA

View Full Version : Agfa sheet film

Aaron_3437
20-Jul-2004, 22:18
Just wondering if Agfa is still making sheet film. Alternative source? Thanks!

Philippe Gauthier
20-Jul-2004, 22:34
No. Ilford, Kodak, Efke, Arista, whatever. Have fun.

Richard Årlin
21-Jul-2004, 04:09
Well I bought some 4x5 Agfa Scala in London earlier this year. I will use it to make the positive for photogravures in just one step since it's a direct positive film 200 ISO that cn both be pulled and pushed to control contrast

Janko Belaj
21-Jul-2004, 04:55
Philippe, I don't know where you have found info that Agfa stopped production of sheet film, on their site you can download pdf data where you will found that Agfa film can be ordered in several sizes from several emulsions (Agfachrome RSX II 100, Agfapan APX 100 and Agfa Scala 200x in sizes from 6.5x9cm to 8x10" some in 10, some in 25 and some even in 50 sheet packs). URL is http://www.agfa.com/photo/pdf/products/F-PF-E4_en.pdf

Nick_3536
21-Jul-2004, 06:14
Scala is the only thing still made in sheet form. Ask Agfa they'll tell you. Or I'm sure a search of the net will find some discusion of this. IIRC they stopped early last year.

Philippe Gauthier
21-Jul-2004, 07:51
Sorry, I forgot about Scala. Great product, but very specialized... and very costly. For the rest, you can still find leftover stocks here and there, but it's no longer in production. Too bad for us.

Erik Sherman
21-Jul-2004, 07:56
According to Agfa's own site, Agfachrome RSX II and Agfapan APX 100 are also available in sheet sizes.

tim atherton
21-Jul-2004, 08:47
"According to Agfa's own site, Agfachrome RSX II and Agfapan APX 100 are also available in sheet sizes."

Well, yes they were Erik.

Earlier this year Agfa announced it's last runs from their production facilities of all their sheet films (apart from Scala which they still seem to be making). According to Agfa the last volume of stock of sheet film is making it's way through the distributors and dealers. So there is still some on the shelves here and there, but there will be no more.

I think they also announced they would onld be doing consumer films from know on?

Erik Sherman
21-Jul-2004, 10:03
>> Earlier this year Agfa announced it's last runs from their production facilities of all their sheet films (apart from Scala which they still seem to be making). According to Agfa the last volume of stock of sheet film is making it's way through the distributors and dealers. So there is still some on the shelves here and there, but there will be no more. <<

Jeez. You'd think they'd update their online information to make this clear.

Aaron_3437
21-Jul-2004, 21:41
Thanks for the info. It's sad that they're gone for real.

Jan Nieuwenhuysen
22-Jul-2004, 11:11
Scala 4x5 (and 8x10, special run).