PDA

View Full Version : Emil Busch Model W vintage lens

AF10
6-Aug-2013, 03:48
Hi!
Anyone have information about the Emil Busch Model W F:20 cm - 35 cm vintage lens, recommend a site or publication?
TIA

AF

Steven Tribe
6-Aug-2013, 10:50
Photo would help!

Busch made many series of projection/cine lenses and I think I remember seeing a W series made for a friction mount.

AF10
7-Aug-2013, 02:19
Photo would help!

Busch made many series of projection/cine lenses and I think I remember seeing a W series made for a friction mount.

Thanks, Steven! Some photos:

And I fins this too:

Steven Tribe
7-Aug-2013, 09:32
Yours has a rather smart bayonet fixture. The one I owned once was exactly the one illustrated in the Busch catalogue.
It is, of course, a Petzval design.
Busch sold a awful lot of these on the export market.

AF10
8-Aug-2013, 02:53
Yours has a rather smart bayonet fixture.

Thanks, Steven! But how this bayonet fix in order tu use the lens?

Steven Tribe
8-Aug-2013, 03:26
You don't have to use the bayonet mount.
The tube diameter is the same as the ordinary series W. You have to find a pressure mount like the one shown at the bottom of the Busch advert. Check the diameter. There were only a few standard sizes for this kind of mount.

There is usually an arrow showing which end goes into the projector. Many of these late Petzvals have reversed cells so that the direction of light (out of the projector) has the same optical sequence as photons experience on their way into through a camera lens. So the rear and front cells should be inter-changed - or point the arrow at the subject!
This can't be a 20/35mm lens. Must have been sold with an extra element which has been lost.