PDA

View Full Version : Toyo metal field

fw
13-Jul-1999, 20:47
I have an old Toyo metal field camera, simply described as "Toyo metal field, 4. 75 x 6.5". I bought it with a revolving 4x5 back, but I've heard that there may be a 5x7 back available. Does anyone know if this is the case, and if so, where I might locate one? I have just returned from northern Japan where I used this c amera extensively, and the results, with Fuji Quickload, have been exceptional.

James Chow
13-Jul-1999, 20:53
The current Toyo catalog doesn't list a 5x7 field...only a 5x7 monorail. Toyo doesn't even list 5x7 holders in their catalog. There is a new 45AII L field camera. It's identical to the 45AII except it accepts Linhof boards.

Mike Long
14-Jul-1999, 00:16
Toyo made a 5x7 field some time ago. Occasionally, you will see one for sale. I'd venture to say I've seen them often enough that you could easily find a whole camera. Whether or not a back could be found is questionable.

I'd suggest going to www.mamiya.com and linking to the Toyo site and posting a WTB ad.

It is my impression that Field 5x7's were built into the 70's but that's based on second hand information. I can say this for certain: Toyo builds a sturdy, well thought out camera. My AX is superb.

tom meyer
27-Jul-1999, 00:02
I think these cameras were also called a Rickert or something like that. A friend has one (green anodized sort of looking thing). Very light weight for a metal 5x7. He likes it...t