PDA

View Full Version : Conversion to Sinar Auto Shutter

lbenac
3-Aug-2013, 11:33
Hello,

I am awaiting my XPO and started reading a little bit about Sinar shutters.
I am not sure that I get the whole picture so I wanted to ask for some clarification.
For now all the lenses I use are in Supermatic shutters (Ektar 135mm, 207mm and maybe soon 100mm) and Copal (Fujinon-NW 125mm, Nikkor-M 200 and 300mm).
I do not think that any of the Copal shutter would die on me any time soon, but the Supermatic might after 50 years of loyal services.
If I wanted to convert this lenses to a Sinar shutter it would be quite expensive unless of course I am mistaken.

1) Purchase a Sinar auto shutter with cables >$600
2) Have SK Grimes to convert the lens into DB mount lens (Front element/adapter/rear element) $? x3
3) Have SK Grimes to mount the lens on a DB compatible lens board $? x3

My sense is that would set me back $1,500 or more plus the time at SK Grimes.

Am I missing anything or did I get it?

Thank you for your insight.

Cheers,

Luc

Mark Woods
3-Aug-2013, 12:34
Hello Luc,

It's much cheaper and easier than what you outlined. If you have the universal shutter, you don't need to have the lenses DB mounted. I shoot a number of lenses that are in a shutter with the Sinar universal shutter. Use the lens on the Time setting, or set it open. Just open the lens to the F/Stop you want (once you've focused, etc.), close the Sinar shutter, and fire when ready. You don't need both cables, only the shutter release. I bought one on eBay for about $75 that works fine.

Hope this helps.

LF_rookie_to_be
3-Aug-2013, 12:52
What Mark said. Just make sure the rear element of the lens doesn't extend beyond 18mm from the rear side of the lens board. Otherwise the shutter blades will hit the lens, and your expensive Sinar shutter may or may not be fried.

Ken Lee
3-Aug-2013, 14:21
If a lens will fit into a standard Copal shutter (0,1,3) then it will fit into a Sinar DB board, since Sinar DB boards are made in those sizes. For those lenses (your Fujinons and Nikkors) you need to get a board and then adjust the diaphragm to match the focal length. George Brown knows how to do that: he did that for me.

Putting lenses like those into a Sinar Shutter (and being able to taken them out and return them to their original Copal shutters) is a nice option, but not a necessity of course. If those are lenses are on Sinar DB boards, you can operate the camera entirely from the rear like a giant SLR. That's nice but not a requirement of course.

You'll have to ask George or some other expert about the Ektar lenses.

The Sinar Copal Shutter is an initial investment: it saves money when you purchase barrel-mounted lenses, or lenses mounted in DB boards, because they are more affordable. It lets you use barrel-mounted lenses without paying someone like SK Grimes to mount them. For example, I got a 150mm APO Nikkor for $100 and I mounted it on a cardboard lens board. I use it with the Sinar Copal shutter. It's a superb lens for shooting close, and the price was very attractive.

lbenac
3-Aug-2013, 15:18
Thank you all for the answers.
I just realized how little I know about the subject.
It is clear that I already missed the boat on the cost saving aspect but some of the lenses I like might not even exist mounted on Sinar DB board already. Anyway too late :-)

Assumption #1 - The Sinar automatic shutter will do what any shutter does:
1) set the aperture (f4 to f90)
2) set the time (1/60 to 8s)
3) close or open the curtains for image preview
4) and of course fire...
Or is the aperture set on the DB board and the shutter only operate the "curtain"?

Assumption #2 - you can put any lens in front of the shutter provided:
1) its rear cell is less that 18.5mm deep from the back of the lens board (but the closer to the aperture blades the better)
2) it is mounted on a lens board of shape and size that fits the front standard of the XPO or any Sinar camera

Assumption #3 - you can mount the lens cells on a flat board?
This is where I get loss
1) when a lens is mounted on a Copal shutter, there is a certain space between the back of the front cell and the front of the rear cell. I assume that this distance is accounted for in the geometry/formula of the lens and cannot be changed.
So how to you get this distance on a flat Sinar board?
2) likewise the front and rear cells have both male thread that screw in the female thread of the Copal shutter. While the thread are a known size, how do you "couple" the front and rear cell on a flat board?

Based on my lack of knowledge, I should probably stick with mounted lenses :-)

Cheers,

Luc

pierre506
3-Aug-2013, 15:44
Please remember:
Sinar Auto shutter is not Almighty.
Its fastest speed is 1/60 s.

lbenac
3-Aug-2013, 16:00
Please remember:
Sinar Auto shutter is not Almighty.
Its fastest speed is 1/60 s.

Agreed. That said, I do not use flash so I can count on my fingers the times I shot faster than 1/60s.
I am more worried about the report of vibration?

Cheers,

Luc

Mark Woods
3-Aug-2013, 16:16
The shutter (and shims) establish the space between the front lens group and the back group. One doesn't just screw the lens elements onto the board. The DB mount has the capability to correctly place the two groups in relationship to each other.

lbenac
3-Aug-2013, 16:29
The shutter (and shims) establish the space between the front lens group and the back group. One doesn't just screw the lens elements onto the board. The DB mount has the capability to correctly place the two groups in relationship to each other.

So it does require a DB board not a flat board. I will ask the contact recommended by Ken regarding each specific lens.

Cheers,

Luc

Ken Lee
3-Aug-2013, 16:31
I am more worried about the report of vibration

I made a pair of test negatives with a 450mm Fujinon C, using its Copal 1 shutter and then leaving it open and using the Sinar Copal Shutter. I could not detect a difference. Perhaps under a microscope or with a drum-scanner a difference would be evident, but for my purposes the Sinar Copal Shutter has been more than adequate.

Although its top speed is "only" 1/60 second, it was designed for the studio: it and also gives times of 1,2,3,4,6 and 8 seconds.

lbenac
3-Aug-2013, 16:34
I made a pair of test negatives with a 450mm Fujinon C, using its Copal 1 shutter and then leaving it open and using the Sinar Copal Shutter. I could not detect a difference. Perhaps under a microscope or with a drum-scanner a difference would be evident, but for my purposes the Sinar Copal Shutter has been more than adequate.

Although its top speed is "only" 1/60 second, it was designed for the studio: it and also gives times of 1,2,3,4,6 and 8 seconds.

Good, just the wind on the tripod would be a lot more than this then. That range of speed is probably more useful to me than 1/500s...

Cheers,

Luc

Ken Lee
3-Aug-2013, 16:38
So it does require a DB board not a flat board. I will ask the contact recommended by Ken regarding each specific lens.

No, it does not require a DB board. If you use a DB board, then the whole system works together: you control the aperture of the lens and the shutter speed while standing at the rear of the camera. The lens stays wide open until you squeeze the cable release. You can squeeze it to get a depth-of-field preview if you like, but you don't have to walk to the front of the camera and set the lens. It's self-cocking, so you can't forget to cock the shutter either. It has a red pin which stands up when the shutter is open for focusing and composition: you can see that pin from behind the camera, so you don't accidentally pull the dark slide while the shutter is still open... it's a good design.

If you use a regular lens board (even a cardboard lens board as I do) then it's just a shutter: you have to set the aperture on the lens yourself.

Ken Lee
3-Aug-2013, 16:42
Good, just the wind on the tripod would be a lot more than this then. That range of speed is probably more useful to me than 1/500s...

You might find this page (http://www.kenleegallery.com/html/aponikkor610/Nikkor610Test.php) interesting: I tested my 610mm APO Nikkor at infinity distance, shooting with a Sinar Copal Shutter. I shot it at 1/60 of course, but the results are good enough for my purposes. Whenever I see that test, it makes me want to get out the 610mm and set up the camera for some really long shots.

As I said, having the shutter opens the door for us to fiddle around with lenses that are otherwise off-limits. The 610mm lens was purchased at a very affordable price, as was the "junker" lens used to make this photo, a 1950's barrel-mounted Bausch & Lomb Tessar, 190mm with a lovely round aperture with 12 or 18 blades...

http://www.kenleegallery.com/images/forum/s36.jpg

lbenac
3-Aug-2013, 16:45
You might find this page (http://www.kenleegallery.com/html/aponikkor610/Nikkor610Test.php) interesting: I tested my 610mm APO Nikkor at infinity distance, shooting with a Sinar Copal Shutter. I shot it at 1/60 of course, but the results are good enough for my purposes.

You bet :-)

lbenac
3-Aug-2013, 16:46
Now I think got it. The Sinar automatic shutter is only a shutter, it does not have aperture blades. These are on the DB board.

Cheers,

Luc

If you use a regular lens board (even a cardboard lens board as I do) then it's just a shutter: you have to set the aperture on the lens yourself.

lbenac
3-Aug-2013, 16:53
If you use a DB board, then the whole system works together: you control the aperture of the lens and the shutter speed while standing at the rear of the camera. it's a good design.

That would be what I would be looking for.
So the question is to potentially finding out who can provide DB boards in a depth, opening diameter and thread size for the Kodak Ektar lenses. I am assuming that DB board for the Copal mounted lenses can be found relatively easily and that the lens cells positioning is already set as a Copal 0 and 1 equivalent along with the diameter and thread size.
Is it possible and at what cost...

Cheers,

Luc

Lachlan 717
3-Aug-2013, 16:54
You might find this page (http://www.kenleegallery.com/html/aponikkor610/Nikkor610Test.php) interesting: I tested my 610mm APO Nikkor at infinity distance, shooting with a Sinar Copal Shutter. I shot it at 1/60 of course, but the results are good enough for my purposes. Whenever I see that test, it makes me want to get out the 610mm and set up the camera for some really long shots.

As I said, having the shutter opens the door for you to fiddle around with lenses that are otherwise off-limits. The 610mm lens was also purchased at an affordable price, as was the "junker" lens used to make this photo, a 1950's Bausch & Lomb Tessar...

http://www.kenleegallery.com/images/forum/s36.jpg

If you're not seeing any issue with a 610mm lens, I doubt that it's an issue at all.

My understanding is that the perceived vibration comes from the shutter "recocking", which occurs once the exposure is complete, rendering it a moot point.

lbenac
3-Aug-2013, 16:58
If you're not seeing any issue with a 610mm lens, I doubt that it's an issue at all.

My understanding is that the perceived vibration comes from the shutter "recocking", which occurs once the exposure is complete, rendering it a moot point.

That is why I always like to receive infromation first hand by people that are using the equipment :-)

Ken Lee
3-Aug-2013, 18:05
The example of a 610mm lens is rather extreme. I was very careful to squeeze the shutter as gradually as possible. There was no wind at that time.

You can find DB lens boards on eBay.

Leonard Robertson
3-Aug-2013, 20:37
There is a huge (over 200 pages) PDF file on Sinar DB lens boards and mounting here:
http://www.image2output-support.com/sinar/ Go to "Lens Mounting" near the bottom of the page. Information there may help you in finding the correct DB lens board available for some of your lenses. I suspect DB boards were never made for Kodak Ektars, so adapters will need to be made to mount the Ektar lens cells to a DB board designed for another lens. Sinar extension boards are available to mount a lens forward from the flat board if the lens protrudes to the rear so far it would hit the Sinar shutter.

Be careful not to buy a Sinar shutter without the special Sinar cable release. These are quite difficult to find separately and expensive if you do find one. An ordinary cable release won't work for the Sinar shutter.

You might study eBay prices for lenses mounted in DB mounts. As professionals are dumping their Sinar equipment, there are some bargains available on DB mounted lenses. It may be easier to buy DB mount versions of some of your favorite lenses rather than search for the correct DB boards for the lenses you have.

Len

Lachlan 717
3-Aug-2013, 21:49
There's a shutter currently listed here on the Forum. Nothing to do with me; just thought that I'd point it out...

lbenac
3-Aug-2013, 22:40
There's a shutter currently listed here on the Forum. Nothing to do with me; just thought that I'd point it out...

Looks like a good price, I contacted Jason.
Thanks for the tip.

Luc

Lachlan 717
4-Aug-2013, 00:16
FWIW, the 7x17 I'm building will let me use the Sinar shutter. Looking forward to seeing the Verito images on that format!

pierre salomon
4-Aug-2013, 01:33
I have been using the Sinar Shutter for many years and another option allowing the use of non DB lenses with rear elements longer than 18mm is to use another cheap standard with bellows ( like from an F1) in front with the lens board and the Sinar shutter in the middle with another bellows connecting it to the rear standard. The one drawback is you will need to extend the original 12" rail. Keep the lens open to your desired aperture and click. This option however is not for DB mounted lenses. Good luck.

lbenac
4-Aug-2013, 09:14
All right so I took the first step and just purchased the shutter from Jason :-)
Next contacting George Brown regarding DB board and Kodak Ektar.
Of course Ken has mentioned barrel lenses with 18 blades and round apertures :(

It looks like my Chamonix 45N2 might be for sale sooner rather than later as the XPO will replace it.
I am really trying to cut down to only 3 or 4 cameras and a reduced set of lenses.

Cheers,

Luc

William Whitaker
4-Aug-2013, 09:25
Luc,

I'm not sure I understand your initial premise. Are you looking to adapt a Sinar shutter to an existing camera? It's fairly simple, but there's some devilment in the details. I adapted a Kodak Master to take a Sinar shutter behind the front standard. I wrote it up on this forum; link is in my signature line. The worst of it was that I had to purchase a new bellows and attach a Sinar bellows frame at the front so it would mate with the shutter. But you have to be careful of clearances and tolerances, e.g., make sure that you won't obstruct the front tilt of the camera you're adapting to.

Alternatively you could just get a Sinar and then you're set to go. Or maybe I misunderstand your intentions.

What is an XPO?

lbenac
4-Aug-2013, 09:36
Hello Will,

XPO = SHen Hao XPO45-A it is a field camera designed by Lachlan/Shen Hao to accept Sinar automatic shutter and bellow.
I am looking at mounting some of my lenses from Supermatic or Copal shutter into DB board fro use with the above.
I frequently shoot on the trail or on top rocks...so having all the controls from the back of the camera is a plus.
Also while the Supermatic shutters on my Ektars are doing fine, I am anticipating these failing at some point so having one shutter instead of several to fix seems of interest.
It is not critical but another one of these projects - curiously enough part of my desire to reduce and rationalize my cameras stable to 2 or 3.

Cheers,

Luc

Luc,

I'm not sure I understand your initial premise. Are you looking to adapt a Sinar shutter to an existing camera? It's fairly simple, but there's some devilment in the details. I adapted a Kodak Master to take a Sinar shutter behind the front standard. I wrote it up on this forum; link is in my signature line. The worst of it was that I had to purchase a new bellows and attach a Sinar bellows frame at the front so it would mate with the shutter. But you have to be careful of clearances and tolerances, e.g., make sure that you won't obstruct the front tilt of the camera you're adapting to.

Alternatively you could just get a Sinar and then you're set to go. Or maybe I misunderstand your intentions.

What is an XPO?

William Whitaker
4-Aug-2013, 09:51
Hello Will,

XPO = SHen Hao XPO45-A it is a field camera designed by Lachlan/Shen Hao to accept Sinar automatic shutter and bellow.

Nice. Wasn't even aware of that. Looks like you've got it figured out.

Lachlan 717
4-Aug-2013, 13:28
Nice. Wasn't even aware of that.

Will,

Here's (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?57638-Shen-Hao-4x5-prototype-Sinar-compatible-and-72-400mm-range-All-in-a-Field-Camera) a link to the XPO.

lbenac
4-Aug-2013, 23:06
Well I am in discussion with George Brown. So far it looks like it might be feasible to mount the Ektars on a DB board.

Cheers,

Luc

Brian K
5-Aug-2013, 04:23
I own two Sinar Auto aperture shutters. Bought new back in the early 90's and they were my workhorses in my studio. Used them everyday, shot tens of thousands of images with them. I have about a dozen lenses on DB and DBM mounts. Yet when I started doing landscape I bought a dozen all new lenses with copal shutters. Why spend that money when I already had a significant investment and system? The auto ap shutter is not great in the field.

First, it is complicated and delicate. It's pretty reliable in the studio, then again it's not getting banged around. It'a sitting in a camera, on a camera stand, it's pampered. When you've travelled or hiked out to some spot, hauled all your gear and then find that the one shutter you have doesn't work, well it does not make for a great day. You are ultimately putting all your eggs into one basket. So instead each lens I carry has it's own shutter, and on my road trips I carry spare shutters. If you have some barrel lens that you need to use, then use the Auto Ap for that, but for regular lenses, have them on copals, or buy a second sinar auto ap and bring it with you.

Vibration, the auto ap is designed as a studio shutter and to be used with strobes and in this regard it is superb. I caught a lot of crap for stating that at shutter speeds around 1/8th of a second that I saw a vibration difference when shooting available light with a longish lens as compared to a copal. I guess your definition of difference matters here as I examine my test film under a microscope, literally. This was another reason I choose to use copals. Mind you reliability was not as big a factor for me as I have two of them already and could have far more cheaply than buying all new lenses bought a third or fourth auto ap so I could have back up shutters in the field. But also once you go auto ap and adapt your lenses or get DB mounts, those lenses, will not readily be used on another camera unless you put them back on copals. As I also shoot with Linhof MT300 and a FujiGX680III I was better off mounting all my lenses onto Linhof boards, which using an adapter still work on my Sinars.

If you are determined to use the sinar auto ap, then you really want to get your lenses, as Ken recommends, on DB boards. These boards can be found pretty cheaply on eBoy. The advantage of using the DB boards and on a sinar, is that when you slip a holder into the camera back the shutter cocks and closes, the aperture stops down and the camera is ready to expose. Removing the holder opens the lens, so all in all it's the fastest operation of a view camera. The downside is that besides the auto ap, you also need to carry the cables. The shutter release is a special, rather large and inflexible cable, specialized, they do break so you need more than one, and there's also a special connecting cable between the camera back, and the auto ap if you want the auto open and close feature.. But again if you need to use a barrel lens you may have no other choice but the auto ap. If you are a studio shooter using strobes there's no shutter system I could recommend more, except maybe the Expolux shutter

lbenac
5-Aug-2013, 07:43
Does anybody know the following regarding the use of the XPO with Sinar Automatic shutter:
Does the thickness of the standard allow for the interfacing of the Auto Ap Shutter actuator pin with the DB board aperture lever?

Cheers,

Luc

lbenac
5-Aug-2013, 07:53
Hello Brian,

Thanks for your input.
Most of the time I shoot not too far from home i.e day trip so if I miss a shoot well it is not the end of the World.
On the other hand, you have very sound advice regarding taking a trip with only one shutter. It makes sense.
In that case I can:
1) carry a sealed box with the "emergency" Copal shutter mounted on a lense board for at least one lens if not all three
2) in the long term purchase a second shutter when one become available again at a good price

I really want to limit my cameras to the "essential".
In MF I have sold my Mamiya 7 and Pentax 67 to keep only my Medalist (my favorite) and the Minolta Autocord (great for hiking.
In the long term, I am trying to do the same for 4x5 and reduce from Chamonix 45N2 and Wista 45DX to one camera = XPO45. one type of controls, same movements...
From there it also makes sense to have all the lenses operate the same way - as the saying goes:repetition makes perfect.

Cheers,

Luc

I own two Sinar Auto aperture shutters. Bought new back in the early 90's and they were my workhorses in my studio. Used them everyday, shot tens of thousands of images with them. I have about a dozen lenses on DB and DBM mounts. Yet when I started doing landscape I bought a dozen all new lenses with copal shutters. Why spend that money when I already had a significant investment and system? The auto ap shutter is not great in the field.

First, it is complicated and delicate. It's pretty reliable in the studio, then again it's not getting banged around. It'a sitting in a camera, on a camera stand, it's pampered. When you've travelled or hiked out to some spot, hauled all your gear and then find that the one shutter you have doesn't work, well it does not make for a great day. You are ultimately putting all your eggs into one basket. So instead each lens I carry has it's own shutter, and on my road trips I carry spare shutters. If you have some barrel lens that you need to use, then use the Auto Ap for that, but for regular lenses, have them on copals, or buy a second sinar auto ap and bring it with you.

Vibration, the auto ap is designed as a studio shutter and to be used with strobes and in this regard it is superb. I caught a lot of crap for stating that at shutter speeds around 1/8th of a second that I saw a vibration difference when shooting available light with a longish lens as compared to a copal. I guess your definition of difference matters here as I examine my test film under a microscope, literally. This was another reason I choose to use copals. Mind you reliability was not as big a factor for me as I have two of them already and could have far more cheaply than buying all new lenses bought a third or fourth auto ap so I could have back up shutters in the field. But also once you go auto ap and adapt your lenses or get DB mounts, those lenses, will not readily be used on another camera unless you put them back on copals. As I also shoot with Linhof MT300 and a FujiGX680III I was better off mounting all my lenses onto Linhof boards, which using an adapter still work on my Sinars.

If you are determined to use the sinar auto ap, then you really want to get your lenses, as Ken recommends, on DB boards. These boards can be found pretty cheaply on eBoy. The advantage of using the DB boards and on a sinar, is that when you slip a holder into the camera back the shutter cocks and closes, the aperture stops down and the camera is ready to expose. Removing the holder opens the lens, so all in all it's the fastest operation of a view camera. The downside is that besides the auto ap, you also need to carry the cables. The shutter release is a special, rather large and inflexible cable, specialized, they do break so you need more than one, and there's also a special connecting cable between the camera back, and the auto ap if you want the auto open and close feature.. But again if you need to use a barrel lens you may have no other choice but the auto ap. If you are a studio shooter using strobes there's no shutter system I could recommend more, except maybe the Expolux shutter

Bernice Loui
5-Aug-2013, 22:59
Long time Sinar shutter user..

Got the first one in the late 1980's at a time when they were still in high demand and expensive used. This first one was not in prime condition and had to be serviced by Sinar. After this service, the shutter has performed flawless to this day. Got a second one due to their low cost today as a spare.

It has traveled out doors, bumped, exposed to rain and fog and more.. it has always been reliable and problem free. The screw heads are rusty, paint rubbed, body dinged and it remains reliable.. I do not consider the Sinar/copal mechanical shutter to be fragile. This cannot be said about the Sinar digital electronic shutter, ownership proved to be more than a hassle even if it offered a claimed 1/500 second highest speed. IMO, stay and avoid the Sinar electronic shutter.

As for vibration, Not found this to be a problem at all.. What is a problem, if the shutter release is not held down for the entire duration of the shutter time set, it will close with a BIG whap which can cause what appears to be sharpness problems. Using a Leitz SM LUX HL and FLUOTAR objectives to examine the film image, there are no vibration problem due to the Sinar shutter... if the shutter and camera/support/lens/film holder set up is used properly. There are plenty of Copal, Compur and Ilex shuttered lensed to compare film images.

The high speed of 1/60 second is not really a problem, adding a neutral density filter can get the required aperture -vs- shutter speed. IMO, the shutter speed down to 8 seconds is far more useful than shutter speeds greater than 1/60 sec.

One of the great attractions for me to use a Sinar shutter is the ability to use most any barrel lens that has a rear element equal or smaller than the opening of the Sinar shutter. If lenses in barrel with real round iris are of interest to your image making process, this become a reasonable way to use them with an accurate shutter. This matters if lens OOF rendition at large lens aperture are important. Today, the only lenses in the pile with Copal shutters are modern wide angle lenses, the rest are in older Compur, Ilex or barrel for their round iris. At lens aperture, f22 and smaller, the round aperture may not be of any significance to your image making.

As others have mentioned, DB boar lenses are not required, but if all the features are to be use-able, then the lenses must be in DB mount. DB lens board.mounts are common on the used market today and not expensive. Often, DB lenses can be a bargain. For auto stop down, the shutter aperture cable must be in place on the shutter and on the camera's film back.

There is a filter holder on the back of the Sinar shutter which increases it's utility.

Bernice

lbenac
6-Aug-2013, 10:31
Update from Mr.Zhang:
>The Sinar Shutter can be fully functional on the XPO. The standard bellow allow for the interfacing of the Auto Ap Shutter actuator pin with the DB board aperture lever<

Does anybody know the following regarding the use of the XPO with Sinar Automatic shutter:
Does the thickness of the standard allow for the interfacing of the Auto Ap Shutter actuator pin with the DB board aperture lever?

Cheers,

Luc

lbenac
24-Aug-2013, 12:14
I received it this week.
Looks great and I like the separate controls for tilt and raise on both standards.

I was looking at Photobackpacker camera case C09105 but it is not deep enough, specially with a lens mounted.
So I started something simple and cheap to get into my Kelby bag:

It fits snugly in the bag and the handle is easy to reach.
I might polish the execution a little bit more :-) but it seems to do the job.

Cheers,

Luc

lbenac
24-Aug-2013, 12:17
I have to check if I can get a lens case that can fit Sinar DB board and that is not too expansive including the shipping to Canada.
BTW I will have a 4x5 camera case and the 4 lenses copal lens case for sale along with my Chamonix 45N2.

lbenac
27-Oct-2013, 18:33
Well, I ended-up keeping the ShenHao XPO45 for field work and travel with the Ektar (100mm, 135mm and 207mm) mounted on Tecnika boards. Nice, light and a joy to use.
And I could not resist a Sinar F1 ($290 :-) ) for when I stay close to home with the Sinar Auto shutter and the Fuji 125/5.6, Nikkor-M 200 and 300 on DB boards.

Cheers,

Luc