PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Motorbase Ilford Cibachrome A for Jobo 2500-drum/Short Testdrum?

europanorama
1-Aug-2013, 23:05
Just tested how the ilford Cibachrome rotating Motorbase is working. 135mm diameter Testdrum 2840(for 70mm-see other tread) is rotating 27cycles/min. i cannot change that. is it too quick for certain b+w-material? maybe by adding a switch one could set the speed.

2. testdrum is too short to run on all four wheels. running on one side and with a wobbly main wheel drum is really wobbling around.
maybe a test would tell me quickly if its the right tool.

3. maybe better setting up jobo cpa2. for b+w nonhotprocessing no water is needed.

koh303
2-Aug-2013, 05:15
if you want a motorized base, then your best best the uniroller/unicolor roller base (also branded by omega and beseller), they are cheap, readily available and will roll your 2840 with no wobble, though you might consider switching to a slightly shorter tank (2830/2560), as they will be easier to balance on the base.

If you do not mind using hand power to roll the drum, and that way you can also adjust the speed to your liking - you need a Jobo 1509 roller base (will take any and all Jobo drums).

good luck

vinny
2-Aug-2013, 06:05
jobo's require water to lubricate the rollers that the drums sit on.
I have a beseler motorbase for sale but shipping to europe would be about $60

koh303
2-Aug-2013, 11:21
jobo's require water to lubricate the rollers that the drums sit on.

Although water does not hurt, there is no requirement to use water, or to lubricate the rollers. Newer easy running rollers have a stainless steal axle, which can be lubricated with grease, but either no water is required or needed.

europanorama
5-Aug-2013, 04:52
The problem is it seems i would break the wheel when trying to "repair". maybe my repairman could do. but the wobbling looks not healthy. the 27 rot/p min. would probably restrict the use of certain developpers.
I think we should add a rotation-regulator or using a manual base.

And i have read in the 4x5-system-thread that compensation developper does not allow rotation. Is Promicrol compensating? I loved it in the 70/80ties. developped 35/120 manually by top-rotation and upside-down too.