PDA

View Full Version : How to assemble a Linhof Technika board with the cable release socket?

David Lindquist
24-Jul-2013, 17:49
Just got a new one for use with a No. 1 Copal shutter. It's model number 001121. If you know the answer, you know there's a little shaft thingy about 19mm long with one end turned down for a distance of about 4mm and the other turned down for a distance of about 8mm. Which end goes in the component on the board that the cable release plugs in to and which end (then by default) goes in to the cable release socket on the shutter itself? I could try it both ways but it's a bit fiddly work to begin with and it would simplify things if I knew how to start out. Thank you.
David

Jac@stafford.net
24-Jul-2013, 18:22
Fiddle. It will take you less time than posting your message and waiting for us to answer.

It should be obvious.

Cletus
25-Jul-2013, 05:45
That's not very nice Jac. I can't imagine the OP would go to the trouble to ask here "if it was obvious".

David - you might catch a little less resistance were you to take a photo or two as illustration.

ljsegil
25-Jul-2013, 06:58
Hi David,
Not a trivial problem at all, and one that I struggled with several times, finally realized that I have neither the dexterity nor the appropriate tools to do the job and took it to Bob Watkins at Precision Camera. He got the job done, but to my gratification didn't make it look easy.
Larry

Bob Salomon
25-Jul-2013, 07:20
It is quite easy with the correct parts. A 001121 is supplied with a straight pin and not a bent one.

Contact Linhof service at Nipponphotoclinic@hotmail.com and get the correct parts.

The Cable Release Quick Socket on the 001121 is mounted to the board on top of a thin plate. Other versions of the 1 shutter with the CRQS had different mounting plates that were needed depending on the lens that was being mounted and Copal or Compur shutter.

What lens do you want to mount on the board?

Where did you get the board?

David Lindquist
25-Jul-2013, 09:00
Thank you Cletus, Larry and Bob for your helpful and gentlemanly responses. I agree Cletus that a picture or two would be a good idea. I'll do that later; it could be helpful to others in the future. Bob, I bought this new from B&H to mount a 110mm Super Symmar XL in a No. 1 Copal. It came with the straight pin. It was in a small package with the number 030283. Both ends of the pin are a smaller diameter than the middle but the smaller diameters are not the same length so I'm wanting to know which end goes in the shutter and which end in the bottom of the cable release socket that is mounted on the board.
David

Bob Salomon
25-Jul-2013, 09:10
Thank you Cletus, Larry and Bob for your helpful and gentlemanly responses. I agree Cletus that a picture or two would be a good idea. I'll do that later; it could be helpful to others in the future. Bob, I bought this new from B&H to mount a 110mm Super Symmar XL in a No. 1 Copal. It came with the straight pin. It was in a small package with the number 030283. Both ends of the pin are a smaller diameter than the middle but the smaller diameters are not the same length so I'm wanting to know which end goes in the shutter and which end in the bottom of the cable release socket that is mounted on the board.
David

That is a question for Nippon Service. Just email them or give them a call. You can also ask Bob Watkins as he is going to the factory shortly for some training. The Linhof factory price list suggests the 001026 board without the CR QS for the 110mm.

David Lindquist
25-Jul-2013, 18:39
That is a question for Nippon Service. Just email them or give them a call. You can also ask Bob Watkins as he is going to the factory shortly for some training. The Linhof factory price list suggests the 001026 board without the CR QS for the 110mm.

Thank you Bob. I'm currently working all day everyday for the next few days at our local Amador CountyFair so it will be a little bit before I can really pursue this further.

David