PDA

View Full Version : Moersch lith omega with kodak d-9

noureddine
21-Jul-2013, 13:05
Hello every one , i recently used some forte plywarmtone with kodak d-9 dilution 1+8 for about 1 min and in the second developper moersch omega lith dilution 1+200 , the colors are strong and beautiful but when i put the print in the fixer , the colors simply desappears , i m wondering if moersch lith omega works only with meoersch easy lith and moersch master lith ?
I used as fixer ilfofix II and also adolux fixer but with the same result
Thank you for help

andreios
22-Jul-2013, 00:20
I use Omega often but only as a 2nd bath (or part of a 2nd bath) after lith developing. Colour reduction has never occured to me. One thing you may try would be a more diluted fixer, or you may try mixing plain hypo - some modern rapid fixers may not be totally friendly to lith process...
Anyway, maybe your best option would be to drop an email to Wolfgang himself, he is always very helpful.

noureddine
22-Jul-2013, 21:25
Thank you andreios ; during lith printing sessions , i noticed that the print is someway bleached in the fixer , but when i have good lith print with strong colors
the fixer had no effect or a minimal effect , Yesterday i used more dilueted fixer for lith prints and i can say that it had less effect than normal fixer
I m wondering if I can use a any home made developper like Kodak D-85 with Sienna of the kit Moersch polychrome SE 15 ?
Thank you

andreios
22-Jul-2013, 22:39
I have not tried home-mixed lith developers (yet) but it might be worth trying. I think in lith there are so many options and possibilities that for the sake of exploration you could do almost anything - I do, sometimes I mix very strange concoctions for 2nd bath, though for convenience I stick to easylith for the "base"... :)

noureddine
24-Jul-2013, 15:35
Hello ; I will try some mixtures as a second developper it will be interesting to test , i think also that moersch lith developers will give more interesting results
lith processing is difficult but very interesting , thank you andreios