PDA

View Full Version : Kelty Redwing alternative in Europe?

andreios
17-Jul-2013, 13:25
Hi all,
I am looking for a backpack for my Tachihara 8x10. From what I read here the most comfortable option seems to be the Kelty Redwing with PBK cases. Now, has anyone any experience with fitting those cases in other similar internal (or even external) frame backpacks?
I'd welcome any idea that would save me paying lots of money for overseas shipping and customs...

Thanks!

Greg Miller
17-Jul-2013, 15:28
You might want to check out the F-Stop gear line (camera packs created by adventure photographers). These are "real" packs (so they carry well) but have interchangeable and customizable internal components for photo gear. The largest pack is the Sartori (http://fstopgear.com/product/mountain/satori-exp#.UecZjcrleHa). I own the slightly smaller Tilopa BC and is is by far the best pack I have used for long photography hikes.

Be sure to watch the video on that page to get a feel for all the features.

David R Munson
17-Jul-2013, 15:29
Greg beat me to it. I don't own any F-Stop gear products yet, but have heard a ton of amazing things about them and as soon as I'm settled abroad again, the Tilopa is pretty much the first thing I'm going to buy. Their systematic approach really appeals to me.

andreios
18-Jul-2013, 03:30
Thank you guys, they look VERY interesting and it seems to me that it is really a well thought through product (but at a considerable price..).

Drew Bedo
19-Jul-2013, 08:45
The PhotoBackpacker concept is to safely store and carry your photo-gerar in a "technical" back pack that is lighter and perhaps better designed than a dedicated photo back pack without the weight of all its bulky foam.

The folks at PhotoBackpacker will custm make a hook and loop board to fit into any back pack you have. The cases and boxes from them will attach to the board.

C. D. Keth
19-Jul-2013, 10:43
Photobackpacker makes their backer boards to any size. If you find a pack that you like, you just need to measure it and get that size backer board from them.

Adriaan
24-Jul-2013, 12:05
I have been searching for the the Kelty Redwing aswell. The alternative I have found is the Kelty Map. The same design except for the external pockets. If you want to know more about the Kelty map and it reference to the Redwing please search YouTube for Kelty MAP 3500 The Multicam Redwing" by Nutnfancy