PDA

View Full Version : Relocated to Salt Lake City

davehyams
17-Jul-2013, 13:21
Just wanted to get in contact with any large format photographers in the area, have had the pleasure of meeting a couple of folks out here, and I would love to meet more. I am shooting mostly collodion these days, up to 11X14 tintypes and ambrotypes, and negatives. I am moblie, and would love to get out and make some plates as it starts to cool off in the next couple of weeks (wishful thinking!!). Looking forward to hearing from any and all.

dave hyams

Light Guru
17-Jul-2013, 13:39
Welcome to Salt Lake City. I have been shooting large format for about 2.5 years now. Good to know there is someone who does collodion in the area that is something I have been interested in.

davehyams
24-Jul-2013, 20:44
Thanks Zak, just got back to SLC from South Dakota, ready to make some plates. Gonna shoot tomorrow and friday, and hopefully go explore next week. drop me a pm if you want to shoot some wet plate.

Kimberly Anderson
24-Jul-2013, 21:27
Where you set up at David? Welcome to Utah. It's pretty crappy here. No one else ought to move in. ;)

davehyams
25-Jul-2013, 13:23
Im in Holladay, its a pretty rough spot. Gotta set up the NuArc and get some prints made.

Kimberly Anderson
25-Jul-2013, 13:28
Yeah, the rough spots are getting bigger and more widespread. In fact there's a rough spot pandemic here in Utah. Good luck with the NuArc. If your bulb didn't survive, I've got a brand new one in the box here.