PDA

View Full Version : 5x7 Graflex Plate Holders – WTH?

ScottPhotoCo
9-Jul-2013, 17:03
So I just picked up a random box of film holders and 4 Graflex Plate Holders (3 new in box) were included. These are slightly larger than a standard 5x7 film holder. I tried to look up what they came from or what a new use for them might be. Does anyone here know anything about these?

Also there are two of these. They have a felt back on the inside of the holder and a metal insert that says "Eastman Film Sheath". Tell me more please! :)

Dan Fromm
9-Jul-2013, 17:34
The plate holders accept 5x7 glass plates, attach to a 5x7 Graflex SLR.

Film sheaths accept sheet film, slip into plate holders where a glass plate would normally go.

If you want to know more, Google will help you. Visit www.graflex.org too.

ScottPhotoCo
9-Jul-2013, 17:50
The plate holders accept 5x7 glass plates, attach to a 5x7 Graflex SLR.

Film sheaths accept sheet film, slip into plate holders where a glass plate would normally go.

If you want to know more, Google will help you. Visit www.graflex.org too.

Thanks Dan. I tried Google rather unsuccessfully and didn't see anything on Graflex.org.

Jody_S
9-Jul-2013, 18:49
I have a Graflex 5x7 SLR, I can confirm that it takes a slightly-larger than standard film/plate holder (those look about right). If you want to sell them, post on Graflex.org as a number of members there have used rather creative solutions to fit a standard 5x7 holder onto the camera. I could use them myself, but I'm nowhere near finished restoring the camera and I don't know if I'll ever want to use it.

David A. Goldfarb
10-Jul-2013, 12:58
I also have a Graflex 5x7" SLR, and if you need normal filmholders, I'd recommend selling these, since they're hard to find, and people who need them will pay more than for a normal holder. I'm well supplied myself and don't need any more.

As Dan describes, the film sheaths fit in place of glass plates, and they take normal 5x7" film.