PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Ektar 127 mm filter on inside?

ryanmills
7-Jul-2013, 11:26
I have a Kodak Ektar 127mm, I know the front takes a 38mm slide on. However the inside is threaded and my filters would always be on the lens. Is there a reason i cant attach them on the film plane side of the lens? I also dont have a set of calibers to measure with. Does anyone happen to know what size that would be?

photobymike
7-Jul-2013, 12:26
I know of a ULF photographer that puts gels in the back lens cell inside the bellows.... kind of novel but i think it works .... my LF lenses do not have threads on the back cell sooo i just put them on the front where i can manage them

Merg Ross
7-Jul-2013, 12:34
Filters can be placed behind the rear element without a problem --- I have always used filters (gels) that way with the 8x10. However, attached to the lens (screw-in) might cause a vignette, not sure.

Dan Fromm
7-Jul-2013, 13:12
Ryan, a thick filter (glass, not a naked gel) behind the lens will shift the focal plane. Not a problem if you focus on the GG, a problem if you focus with a rangefinder. I mention this because whenever I hear 127 Ektar I see a 4x5 Graphic in my mind's eye, and some of them have rangefinders ...

ryanmills
8-Jul-2013, 00:12
Ryan, a thick filter (glass, not a naked gel) behind the lens will shift the focal plane. Not a problem if you focus on the GG, a problem if you focus with a rangefinder. I mention this because whenever I hear 127 Ektar I see a 4x5 Graphic in my mind's eye, and some of them have rangefinders ...

Yea mine is on a Toyo-View. That would work fine for me.

Anyone know where I could look up what size the threads are for the rear cell? I don't have calibers unfortunately.