PDA

View Full Version : What Ever Happened to Sean Yates ???

Ron Bose
4-Jul-2004, 15:39
The title says it all ....

Sean was a very strong contributor to the LF community, but I don't see his name on posts anymore ....

Bill_1856
4-Jul-2004, 16:06
He got discouraged, sold his 8x10 Kodak Master, Turner-Reich lenses, and Ries tripod and all the other good "stuff," has a dayjob as librarian at U. of Miami (Ohio), and is studying to be a blacksmith in his spare time. A really nice guy and photographer who, (like so many), needed lots of encouragement he didn't get!

Andre Noble
4-Jul-2004, 16:32
Bill, that's not funny. You don't know, he may be suffering from ill health or worse.

Bill_1856
4-Jul-2004, 18:23
Andre, not intended to be funny. We usually swap email several times a week, and the only health problem he admits to is chronic sinusitis.

Ron Bose
4-Jul-2004, 20:23
Bill,

When I look through the archives (photo.net) I find many of my questions get answered from Sean's past posts.

Please pass on my regards and my thanks for his contributions.

Cheers ...

Chad Jarvis
4-Jul-2004, 21:19
I sent that chump an unanswered email just last week. We used to chat on a regular basis, but as soon as he started work at UMO, he changed. What happened, Sean? What happened?

</tongueincheek>

Andre Noble
4-Jul-2004, 23:03
Oops! Sorry Bill. First thing that comes to my mind when someone stops posting after a long history of postings is the worst case senario, I guess.

Good to hear Sean Yates is well and has found another calling.

Sean Yates
7-Jul-2004, 14:51
I've been a tad busy of late:

http://www.pelotonwebdesigns.com/seanyates/index.html

Bill_1856
7-Jul-2004, 15:50
He is, incidentally, still full of it!

Brian C. Miller
7-Jul-2004, 16:08
Sean, did you know that your web site has the same target for all of your links? I.e., they all point to the index page.

Holly
25-Aug-2004, 14:09
Sean Yates is my god father, and he is still a great rider just now has more time with his family. He is not ill, he is all fine. Instead of compeating in races he is mainly working with a team, which won the tour de frace last year.