PDA

View Full Version : Problem with a Jobo CP2A lift arm

numnutz
1-Jul-2013, 10:27
Hi - I'm having a bit of a problem with a Jobo CP2A lift arm. I need top remove the plastic spacer at the end of the lift to replace the rollers so I can replace them with rollers suitable for expert tanks, I have the replacement parts. Unfortunately I cannot remove the spacer bar at the end of the lift to remove the rollers. I don't really want to use impact technology (i.e. a hammer) in case I damage the other end of the lift. I could cut the plastic bit off with a hacksaw but I don't think I could source a direct replacement, although I could possibly make some sort of a bodge.

Before I cut, can anyone suggest a better method to remove this part?

thanks in advance

nn :)

john wills

vinny
1-Jul-2013, 10:42
you don't remove the bracket that the rollers sit in, you just remove the rollers and insert the rollers that have the extension pieces attached. No need to break your lift.

Sevo
1-Jul-2013, 11:25
And if the bracket should be broken and need replacement, it will pull of the rails once you've removed the end stopper(s) on the far end. Assuming that you have the newer single piece bracket end stopper of hard plastics, it might come loose if you heat it gently with a hair dryer - if it won't budge no matter what you do, cut into it longitudinally with a knife or Dremel and pry it off. Chances are that you can re-glue it with ABS welding cement afterwards. If not, follow the example of earlier Jobo lifts, and simply use one vinyl pipe end stopper each on the rails - these are available from any hardware store. Or seal the tube ends with epoxy filler - the main purpose of the end piece is that no liquid gets into the pipe and spills into the lift body when you tilt it up, so anything that does prevent that is good enough as a minimal solution.

numnutz
1-Jul-2013, 12:16
you don't remove the bracket that the rollers sit in, you just remove the rollers and insert the rollers that have the extension pieces attached. No need to break your lift.
Thanks for that information - I thought that as the other rollers were on a plastic base I had to change the complete item instead of just the rollers.

thanks again

nn :)

John wills

Jim Andrada
1-Jul-2013, 21:55
If I'm understanding you correctly you just have to pull straight up on the roller and the roller and a small roller carrier assembly should pop out - if you revers the assembly on each end you can change to larger/smaller tanks.

polyglot
2-Jul-2013, 18:17
If I'm understanding you correctly you just have to pull straight up on the roller and the roller and a small roller carrier assembly should pop out - if you revers the assembly on each end you can change to larger/smaller tanks.

This is correct. The rollers for expert tanks are on short little plastic arms that have nubs on them of the same size as the roller pins. So the extension arms snap in where the rollers were before.

The extension arms point outwards when using Expert tanks and point inwards when using 1xxx tanks. No arms for 2xxx tanks of course.