PDA

View Full Version : Schneider 47mm XL on Technikardan 45

Weihan
19-Jun-2013, 23:45
Does anyone know if I must use a recessed lensboard for the Schneider SA 47mm XL on the Technikardan if I use the wide angle bag bellows? And if yes, how many mm of recess in the LB would I need?
MANY THANKS!

John O'Connell
20-Jun-2013, 05:31
I believe the recessed board is required: Bob gives the part number in this thread.

http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=0074p8

I also think you need to make sure you get the Copal recessed board and not the Compur recessed board--I've never heard of an XL mounted in a Compur.

Weihan
20-Jun-2013, 10:09
Thanks, John! That site has some interesting comments on the 47mm XL. I've had the lens parked in my Pelican case for a while and want to use it again for a project. I've got the bag bellows but thought I might be able to get away with not using the recessed LBs (since I lost my Gepe flexible cable release extension, they are a PITA when it comes to operating.)

Bob Salomon
20-Jun-2013, 12:51
The 47mm uses the 001015 Comfort Board from Linhof. This is a 12mm recessed board with all operating elements on the front, flat face of the board. This includes the aperture scale, aperture control and the press focus. The board also has indicators on the face of the board to let you tell visually if the press focus is opened or closed and the board also uses the latest version of the Linhof Cable Release Quick Socket which instead of a wire to release the shutter has a very short version of the Gepe WA Cable Release Extension which screws into the cable release socket of the shutter. So it is much easier to use then the older system with the bent wire. The Comfort Board also includes a 90° PC socket that replaces the PC post on the shutter so a flash cord is easily plugged in without any problem.

Weihan
20-Jun-2013, 19:47
Thanks a million, Bob. This information is very helpful. I'll make sure I get this lens board and use the bag bellows along with it.

Weihan
20-Jun-2013, 21:26
As a follow-up to Bob's thread: I can't locate any retailer that has the "Comfort Board" you've described in stock. What's also interesting is that the Linhof.de web site does not list ANY lens boards at all. So if you do happen to know of a retailer that stocks these boards, please let me know. THANKS!

Oren Grad
20-Jun-2013, 21:59
As a follow-up to Bob's thread: I can't locate any retailer that has the "Comfort Board" you've described in stock. What's also interesting is that the Linhof.de web site does not list ANY lens boards at all. So if you do happen to know of a retailer that stocks these boards, please let me know. THANKS!

Very few dealers have comprehensive online listings of view camera systems like Linhof's. But I checked two dealers I'm aware of who carry Linhof and both show it - B&H lists it as a special-order item, while Linhof & Studio in the UK lists it without indicating whether it's stock or special order. Either way, be sure to take a deep breath before looking at the price.

Weihan
20-Jun-2013, 23:23
Thanks very much, Oren. Do you use the combination of wide angle bellows + recessed lensboard for the 47mm xl as well?
Yes, I'm beginning to think it's simply time to abandon my Linhof systems because the prices for everything continue to climb into the upper reaches of the stratosphere. Sort of like the Volvo cars, in which a piece of plastic for a dashboard item can easily set you back $450. And with Linhof, the asking prices are a sure-fire way to induce an asthma attack on even the healthiest individuals. It's no wonder so many people are switching over to Chamonix and Shenhao :) THANKS AGAIN!

Bob Salomon
21-Jun-2013, 02:55

We have the board in stock and dealers buy them from us. They frequently order the board and ask us to ship it directly to the end user. to save time. Or they have you send the lens to us for N/C mounting of the lens to the board.

Weihan
21-Jun-2013, 19:49
We have the board in stock and dealers buy them from us. They frequently order the board and ask us to ship it directly to the end user. to save time. Or they have you send the lens to us for N/C mounting of the lens to the board.
Thank you very much again, Bob, for the information. I have to confess my ignorance that I don't know exactly who "we" "us" refers to in your quote. I did download the new 2013 Linhof price list from the www.linhof.de website and see that the comfort lensboard is listed at 259 Euros, which would translate into approximately $350 US. Are these prices accurate? And where should I send the lens to have it mounted? It does look promising and certainly a lot more convenient to deal with than the standard recessed lensboard. THANKS again!

Oren Grad
21-Jun-2013, 19:57
Thank you very much again, Bob, for the information. I have to confess my ignorance that I don't know exactly who "we" "us" refers to in your quote.

The company that Bob works for, HP Marketing (http://www.hpmarketingcorp.com/), is the authorized distributor for Linhof in the US.

Weihan
21-Jun-2013, 20:56
I appreciate your enlightening me, Oren. I may give them a call tomorrow to ask about the price in US dollars. If the mark-up is too steep, I may opt for a different solution. Cheers!

Bob Salomon
25-Jun-2013, 11:27
I appreciate your enlightening me, Oren. I may give them a call tomorrow to ask about the price in US dollars. If the mark-up is too steep, I may opt for a different solution. Cheers!

You would not call us for the price. We are not a retailer and can only give you the list price. You should check with a camera store. We have many dealers in the LA area. Samy's, Bel Air, Woodland Hills, Silvio's are some of them. They can give you their retail selling price. That is always less then the list price.